Friday, November 2, 2007

When you have a family life comes at you.

Carnival of Family Life
Carnival of Family Life is headquartered at Colloquium

Carnival of family life.

The November 5, 2007 , edition will be hosted at Play-Activities.com. Don't forget to submit your post not later than this Saturday, November 3, 2007 , at midnight Pacific Time (note that Pacific time is three hours ahead of Hawaii time). You can submit your post using the link at Colloquium or Blog Carnivals.



When you have a family and life comes at you.
You manage it.
Last night ,once again we had the opportunity's to manage it.
We had bedded the children and were going to our own slumber early for us. Showered and in bed before 10 P.M.
Enjoying sleep is such a pleasure.The children learn much better and many studies affirm the importance of good rest. They slept well again now two nights in a row. We dim the lights early and have the routine running smoothing. We too are shutting down the bright lights including the monitors to help our system shift into a mode to rest. It is a bio-chemical bio-logical process we are learning how to respect.
Last night asleep early , showered and in my bed sleeping ,I awoke to my woven gown tight on me and got up to use the commode and shift my gown that would not fix into the normally loose fitted white cotton gown that is my favorite. Sleeping I noted the strange fit and laid down to shortly realized that I could not breath right. I noticed that funny feeling (on the left this time) of my face. It was swelling fast! OH MAN! NOT AGAIN!
So awaking my very sweet husband I reached over to an empty bed. I was groggy and felt again. So rarely in my 25 yrs of marriage had I ever felt him missing from beside me.
I made it to the bathroom and found the bathroom door shut. He was on the commode ill with an upset tummy. I asked over him and then told him of my present danger with the face swelling again. We tried to consider calling on friends. We live a long way from all of those who are so sweet to offer. It was of course midnight. For a moment I felt afraid that the ill will of those I had exposed were spiritually attacking us. I shared that fear with beloved who promptly shot it down. So after much consideration of waking the children to take them to the ER that hubby would either sit with them or have to take leave to take them home.We shot that down too.
Being a Family really pulls on all that is within you to do what ever it is that you are able . Even if you don't want too. So off again, Alone I drove the 21 miles to the ER. The nearby hospital is really bad. I had the same procedures and injections.
It happens in families that a hardness, a protective callus can cover the (what would be thought of as normal) so called normal panic and response. We have watched so many illnesses play out over 25 years that we just don't hardly even panic at all any more. This calm demeanor was once not so. Now it is however. I think there may be mercy in it. It could seem a little heartless. But life is about the other guy too. Beloved has a heart that feels and bleeds and is saddened when illness strikes. It is,as a family guard around our hearts protect us from unhealthy stress. Mothers must function when babies are sick, we can't afford to just fall apart. I see it like a safety valve for family's
Safety valves that protect us from stress overloads. What is truly marvelous is when we face these things and we have become desensitized to the point of a reassurance of faith. That faith is that God has us, each on of use in his protection. I know many of the early years, as a wife, hold the healing of those fears that can threaten the loss of your spouse. Fears of a traffic accident or some crime when they deviate 10 minutes from schedule. Cell phone stopped some of this for the last generation. When I was a newly wed it was not so. We had to trust through those silent hours, without a voice and a face so longed for. It was easier for us however then our forefathers and fore mothers who lived so far into a wilderness that weeks sometimes could separate hunting husbands from families.
This is a big part of maturing as a couple and as a family.
Learning to manage. Management is a processes of knowledge gained and implemented. Understanding is the begining of that. Understand your family members. Look into the lives of each one. Learn how they tick and you will see how best to serve them and to manage the surroundings, stresses and crisis.
It has been a remarkably full day of management. All is good. Hard times are stealing my mettle (my resolve) to manage my family and my life.
Be Embraced all.
I am back on cortisone and will gain an immunologist next week as I am able, to address these inflammatory events. I know God has me in the palm of his hand.

4 comments:

Denise said...

Bless you sweet one, so sorry you are going through all of this. Wish I lived close to you, so I could help you. God loves you, and so do I.

Amrita said...

Dearest friend, what valuable family wisdom you shared. i feel this way too. God bless your soul.
Hope you are feeling better. Having to drive 21 miles when you are not well is quite a feat.May God protect you.

~Bren~ said...

My prayers are even now being said for you and your family. I am in awe of your level of trust and faith and not panic and fear.

Anonymous said...

I'm late getting around to visit all of the Carnival participants. (Crazy week . . . only excuse!)

THANK YOU for being part of Colloquium's inaugural edition. I appreciate your support.

Take good care of yourself and be well!

Don't forget that this week's Carnival will be hosted at All Rileyed Up. If you haven't submitted a post yet, you can do so until midnight (Pacific Time) tonight!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness