Sunday, October 28, 2007

Challenges and the body said enough

You just wont believe it.
I was in the ER last night.
The whole right side of my face swelled rapidly and so With having asthma I went in. I had to drive myself the kids were in bed. I took a wrong turn and had to go down and around the college to get back up the the local hospital with several right light. I just could not believe it, when I did reach the ER the place was over flowing. So I opted to drive up to our old community 15 miles north. I turned onto the freeway and the on ramp onto the freeway over shoots the northern freeway, so I went south three miles turned around! and got back onto the northern road. After about 4 miles on it the flashing warning signs tell of a pressing freeway (complete closure just two mils ahead!!!!!!! I told God that the irony was just to much. Perseverance pressed me on and eventually I succeeded . My face just kept swelling. But each time I checked my breath it was alright (I have a little tool they give people who have asthma)
What a struggle trying to get there . The first hospital I went too, It is close but the parking was full and the overflow out the doors. So I drove up to our old neighborhood up North. It was then a mile into the trip that the freeway signs informed me the freeway was closing. I know that area well. So I took several back roads to get there. My face kept selling and I prayed. by the time I got there I I was dizzy and week. When I walked in the staff turned and looked at me funny. (you know that feeling) Well After three hours of interceding for the staff and all the many sick infants around me I was called in by a lovely woman. She apologized for the wait. I told her that I just spent my time praying for everyone around me and also for the staff that all of them matter too. She was surprise and expressed her gratitude. She was the head nurse in charge. She followed me through the long night.The doctor came in very quickly and checked my mouth to make sure it was not the dry socket bone infection spreading it was not. Then he said it was a auto imun thing.
Angioedema, (defined)
This is a sudden and extreme swelling of you body. Your lips and face may swell. (If your lips swell, this is an emergency situation since your airway may also swell. A blocked airway makes it hard to breath.) You may also have a rash on the areas that are not swollen. Angioedema is usually caused by an allergy. It can also be hereditary (some people are born with a tendency to get this condition ) In this case stress can trigger this reaction (such as an illness, injury or trauma). Some people only react this way once. The swelling may take hours or days to go away completely.
Remember the socket thing I wonder if that could have been a part of that huge swelling( this time it was the right side of my face.) after the first round of antibiotics?
I am on steroids Steve is out getting a RX filled. I am pretty weak. I have to make Sweet s her Dorthy dress. I will only do that today. I have a flu shot tomorrow. I think I'll keep the appointment and postpone the shot.
The stress images were hitting me hard.
I really liked being in intercession last night. I cared more about the souls around me and it was so freeing. The head nurse and I even spoke of it as she so lovingly and gently slowly very slowly pushed three syringes of powerful drugs into my IV

Grater is HE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Better rest now
Donetta

I hesitate to ask for myself, but will you Please cover me with your prayers. The challenges I face over the next few days are a bit too stressful to face alone. I know he is holding me.
Thank you
I am sorry my writing is a little off forgive the grammatical error. :)

5 comments:

~Bren~ said...

You are in my prayers even now and through out this season. Everytime I pray for Charlotte I will pray for you...that is ALOT!! She too is struggling and I can see the stress and anxiety come and go as I cover her with prayer. I will ask you to be prayerful about visiting my blog on Tuesday. I am thinking it may be too much for you. Just know you are a powerful advisary to that evil one as you shine a beacon of light into the darkness and pierce it's very core! Perservere my friend!

Denise said...

You are very much in my prayers sis, love you.

Corey~living and loving said...

oh dear....you most certainly have my prayers Donetta. I hope your body heals soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm up late tonight praying for you, Donetta. I sympathize too - I was diagnosed with angioedema in 1999. Mine is most commonly pressure-induced but can show up at any time, without warning. Hope you're feeling better now...


What a beautiful testimony you are with your kindness and patience in the ER. You are one beautiful lady!

Hugs to you!

Amrita said...

O donetta how could you drive so much in that condition and then wait so long. You must be so exhausted.Will be praying.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness