Saturday, September 1, 2007

Our Family Ways.

Our family is made up of love.
My beloved told our Son how Mother came before the children,then he will care for the children. Mother is first then you.
Our family is set up under codes of conduct that surrounds it with security of purpose. With a strong sense of self we are each affiliated and have a mutual mission that we as a family unit are competent to keep.
When I home schooled, We taught some of these principles through the curriculum from
Whole Hearted Ministries.I do not find the book on their the list, and I can not find my copy right now. It is based on character principals. I have the colored sheets on the wall that the kids colored some time ago. This was some of the best foundational training I could have ever done. It is so much of who they are. It was a type of Bible study for children. This also applies to us as adults if you simply alter the wording . Although I fall short, this is our goal for living well.
I lost a few of the sheet off of the wall ,if I find them I'll list them later. Some of them fell off the wall. My home school books are such a mess for it is still hard to address them having to let go of teaching the children was difficult. I am still their first teacher and for ever will be.
My husband and I put a sticker on our refrigerator... "What is the Christianity we want to show our children?" We are not legalistic about this.

OUR FAMILY WAYS

1. We Love and obey our Lord Jesus Christ with wholehearted devotion.
(Character Quality or Virtue: Godliness) Matt22:39-38

2. We read the Bible and pray to God everyday with an open heart.
(Character Quality or Virtue: Trust in God)2 Tim3:16-17

3. We honor and obey our parents in the Lord with a respectful attitude.
(Character Quality or Virtue: Reverence)Eph6:1-3

4. We listen to correction and accept discipline with a submissive spirit.
(Character Quality or Virtue: Submissive)Heb12:11

5. We love one another, treating others with kindness, gentleness and respect.
(Character Quality or virtue: Love)1John4:11-12

6. We serve one another, humbly thinking of the needs of others first.
( Character quality or Virtue: Service)Mark10:43-44

7. We encourage one another, using only words that build up and bless others.
(Character Quality or Virtue: Encouragement)Eph4:29

8. We forgive one another, covering on offense with love when wronged or hurt.
(Character Quality or Virtue:Forgiveness)Col3:13

9. We are thankful to God for what we have, whether it is a little or a lot.
(Character Quality or Virtue: Thankfulness)1Thes5:16-18

10. We are content with what we have, not coveting what others have.
( Character quality or Virtue: Contentment)1Tim6:6-8

11. We are generous with what we have sharing freely with others.
( Character Quality or Virtue: Generosity)2Cor9:7

12.We take care of what we have using it wisely and responsibly.
(Character Quality or Virtue: Stewardship)Luke16:10

13.We are diligent to complete a task promptly and thoroughly when asked.
(Character Quality or Virtue: Diligence)Pro13:4

14
15.We work with a cooperative spirit , freely giving and receiving help.
(Character Quality or Virtue: Cooperation)Ecc4:9-10

16 We take personal Responsibility to keep our home neat and clean at all times.
(Character Quality or Virtue: Responsibility)Pro12:24

17 We choose to be joyful, even when we feel like complaining.
(Character Quality or Virtue: Joyfulness)Phil4:4-5

18.We choose to be peacemakers, even when we feel like arguing.
(Character Quality or Virtue: Peacemaker)James3:17-18

19.
20.We choose to be gracious, even when we don't feel like it.
(Character Quality or Virtue: Graciousness)Heb13:1-2

21.We do what we know is right ,regardless what others do or say
(Character Quality or Virtue: Integrity)Psalm1:1-2

22.
23.
24.

This is not to denie the things we experience, but to not let them define us. I have taught them that we have choice, to choose the right and it will go well for you. We believe that Character is trained into us (often the hard way),and must be intentionally taught to our children.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your "Family Ways". Beautiful.

homespun living said...

A beautiful list, Donetta!
Thanks for sharing it with us.
Debbie

Denise said...

Bless your precious family always sweetie, love you.

Amrita said...

All these character qualities and virtures are much needed in our lives and families. We are living in the last, lost days are these are hard to find even among professing Christians. I find people becoming too busy, selfish and self centered to practice them

Janean said...

Hope you don't mind if I "borrow" these for my family. We are redoing our "rules" and these will really help!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness