Monday, August 27, 2007

Sheltering trees



Oh my some days are just so amazing!
As I sit and type I am listening to a lovely heart card from Denise she wrote...Thanks for being a sheltering tree for me, I love you my friend.
A lovely keyboard simply played in melody.
Today at my daughters school :when I went to retrieve them for the long ride to the city after a set of circumstances. I sat In the classroom. The teacher had called a child from the room next door , he had just teased my girl calling her "beaver". He sat , in front of the class sideways facing this loving woman who then, kindly asked the class for a show of hands as to who had ever been teased. Most lifted high and solemnly too. She then asked for a voiced of what had been said and how it had made them feel. Well after several had chance to say... She then asked ME. I told them of how I was called "dognetta" and to this day at 46 yrs old I still have to remember when I walk by a mirror that I am beautiful. The teacher spoke of how hurtful and lasting the teasing can be. I spoke up with voice and said this to the many children all with eyes riveted onto me.
I told them that they were all very powerful. I asked if they knew the greatest power they had? After some pregnant pause I held my toung in finger tips. I explained the toung can give Life or Death. It can kill or like water give life. It is like a well watered tree; we can cause growth in each other. Then we all can become a great forest. The birds approach us and are safe to rest on our limbs. We are safe for one another.
The children in her class have all just had their plants (science project)germinate this morning.

then we left...
I took the kids to the city and the psychiatrist's heard and was moved deeply. Smiled so lovingly with tear in her eye. She told the children of how blessed they were to have me for a mother. I deferred the honor back to them that It was i who am blessed. Miss fiction and Dash Hawk were given a toy. Miss fiction called me to come to assist and stand by I went she then gave her toy to a little girl "she looked like she was having a hard day momma" The elder with the child teared us and was deeply moved at Miss Fictions heart of generosity.

I stopped by the grand Parents (hubby's folks) had a visit.. As I left she said to me Oh did I give you that cream
rinse? I laughed out loud Folks I have been out of cream rinse for three days making due. I rinsed out the bottle two times and then used up what I could of some leave in so I could get out of the house today.. I asked God just last night for some cream rinse. Not having a chance to care for my own needs HE SAW TO IT!

After we returned home Hubby pulled in while we were down at the corner mail boxes. We all met for a brief few moments then the men arrived for the mens group. I took the kids to the Wal-mart and we had a three hour math/ethics/social lesson where they spent the time fitting their budget around a purchase. Miss Fiction got a pink play phone (too cute she asked dag to remove the batteries so she could talk with her pretend friends). We pulled in as the men folk on the curb were saying good night. They had rooms to clean before packages were to be opened. So she dashed to task. While "Dash" fed his face the corn dog and chicken nuggets, Miss Fiction joined him. Tummies full of a late supper of sorts. Dad read story as he does nightly. I sit here amazed listening to this lovely melody. And think on how for every discouragement the enemy places before me I have ten thousand triumps that dim out the waist of his efforts.

 

1 comment:

Denise said...

I am so grateful to God for you, more each day.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness