Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Sometimes Life is a Grind...




Ah... then you have Coffee! :)
I buy a large big 3($10> at Costco) -5 pounds of whole bean. A Columbian or Samatrin (these are two of the most low acidic coffees) are preferred. I really like a nice dark French Roast too.
Grind it finer for more caffeine and so your morning grind is fine, evening or dinner party grind is coarse so as to not keep your guest up all night.
French roast fine for espresso. This is real good for ice coffee too for the intense flavor stays strong diluted in ice.
Note the STEVIA it is my choice for no calorie. It is natural and has a delightful side effect ( a mild laxative). Love those morning constitutionals. I digress. Way digress but as many of you may or may not know that Coffee is a wonderful chemical for a natural method for adults and children alike.
It is said to be very helpful for those with type A blood chemistry.
I have type O Neg. so Green Tea is a healthier choice for me. I must only limit myself to no more than two cups at most in a day. I, as you may have noticed, am a hamster on a wheel, if I get more than two cups, I just fly off and hit the walls! I also manage fiber cystic breast so I swell, I must not pop my top. It hurts to get hugged and that is much more a joy than even a good cup of "joe". Of course I have an instant ample devise too. For those romantic necklines of formal attire> Ha!

Always keep your coffee in the freezer!
Air tight! Coffee is a bean a fruit of the tree or bush in some varieties.
I will grind a months worth and keep with a scoop that is just right for measure in it for convince. A nice trick here is to invert the grinder once the grind is achieved tap the machine and off comes the top with the coffee all in it to be transfered.
I use a DRY paper towel to clean the blades. This is kept in the kitchen freezer.
The remainder in an air tight container that never is left with a lot of empty head room. As I use up the store of it I will down size the container. Space = air= rancid coffee. You can also fill the air space with a wadded up paper towel (these towels should never have ink in them I use only pure white paper towel for food stuffs)
I prefer non bleached filters. They are however not often available in my 4 c size.
I have a small 4 cup pot ( I Also keep a 25 cup urn for entertaining larger groups). I brew it as it is used. My coffee pot is over 25 yrs old. You ask how... well, Run vinegar through it once every six months then two of pure water. I use only reverse osmosis water for consuming ( unless it is boiled in a cooked method). Having been to Russia twice, I learned a lot about water. Every home should have on the improvement list; a reverse osmosis system! We saved for three years then invested $200-300- and keep an extra filter set for the system. It only needs to be changed every 3 years or so depending on your local municipality and the quality of their work. Water is basic. This is BASIC HOME SUPPLY! If you only knew how easily vulnerable any of the U. S, water treatment facilities are you would understand. Guardia is painful and debilitating. Trust me I know! I had it and so did Dash from letting a little water get in me through washed raw foods.
Any hoo...
Coffee that sits in the air will oxidize just like an apple will brown in the air. This spoils the joy and value of a very expensive extravagance ( I say that because we take for granted the gift we have in it, Our forefathers knew more about how it came to them than we do) and the distance it traveled and the work to get it to bean.
Now most folks appreciate a good coffee out and wish for it at home.
Well I preferred to learn how they do it and spend the money on other things.
Hope you sit a spell now enjoy a good cup at my table.
:)

3 comments:

Denise said...

I am not a coffee drinker, I prefer hot teas.

Donetta said...

I love hot teas too. What kinds are your favorites?

Anonymous said...

That's what I need to do. Buy bulk coffee and grind my own. I used to do that with the very small bags, but bulk bags are so much more economical.
Thanks for the great tip.

We have a reverse osmosis, but we need to hook it up.

What kind of pie are you baking?
Later this week, I'll have one posted on my food blog.

See you tomorrow, what time is good for you, I'll bring some sadwhiches for lunches, if 11 is a good time.

Take care.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness