Friday, July 27, 2007

Household Chores... After the storm!

The Captains hand held fast to the mast . The cleaning furry of a Full Gail Storm has great effect on the shore. The crew all hands on deck we first gave the orders and all toys were placed center floor, all books, clothing and coat hangers removed from the "poop-deck" :)
Exhousted Dash retires after a day on deck while Little is calming herself in a lavender bath. We were all speaking about the possible move to private chambers in the dawn. However a cloud broke out a tearfully "I"ll miss my brother, I will miss this room. So all decisions are on hold. Change comes hard to this little "Hand."
After the pirate booty hall of a whole new wardrobe, camping laundry and just the last weeks catch of clothing the deck was cleared of the mounds of scrabble. Polished and shined once again the Captains quarters are secured. I need to deep clean the carpet and the rugs ore in the laundry cue.
The first mate guards as a sentential.
We have perfect imperfection here. Note "the Big Bed" bed is a goal set and met at twelve years together. We have always used our income tax refund for a savings goal. It is painless. Yes some will say it foolish for we might have invested and earned interest well a penny in hand however is more often a penny spent. I made all the window treatments. The quilt under the wedding ring is also hand made. The wedding ring was a gift for my 30th birthday.
Here are the three double loads remaining today in basket so that sir Wllly not think they are his throne accomplished.
Now that my maids have had themselves a tidy. These came to us in our 16th year of marriage as we were set to become parents. The day were moved the original ones that were given us used as a wedding gift the rusted drum fell apart. There is another story here in that the day these were moved in I has a crush injury to the pelvis. With the front fractured a cat scan of the rear was ordered to see if it to were fractured, the orthopedic surgeon fell to his knees the fractures were vanished. He then admitted seeing a palm reader. Days later he quit his lucrative practice. I was called to go to Russia while in traction. It was my Labor 18 hour flight standing up 18 hour train ride too.
Not quite polished , but cleaner than it was the kids bath again has a hope and a promise.
Two dishwasher loads a hand batch of dishes, Clorox is my sanitizer, be sure to rence off after for if it kills germ what else might it do to my little life forms. :) All kitchen linens have been laundered in hot bleach waster folded and replaced. I change kitchen cloth and towels every day. Stay healthy!
I enjoy a clear island! This is always short lived. With a menu that is mostly from scratch This is a great work space, craft space for the kids and I family hub. We got this cute little kitchen set (it has 6 chairs ) two chairs await repair in the garage for $500. we shopped and were thilled to find it a few years ago.
Before all the gale force effort we had this to overwhelm us, yes this place needs a few pirates to share all this with it, is time to thin out. This however is the play room, resource room for home school run off, we have just neglected it far to long. After closing down the class room I have yet to re-organize in a way the kids can keep it up. Just too much stuff. My Dove is still in phases of early toddler hood in interest. I just cant see myself tossing away all that hard earned and gifted tools/toys of learning and exploring.It may become little Doves sanctuary once again. If she is ready to do so. Sweet baby had to just be held due to the thought of change. She really struggles with any thing out of norm. My kids love boxes and home made stuff, duct tape being beloved here.
We had a good sweep under the beds too, all the floor now clear.
Mercy the bounty! AM I GUTSY OR WHAT!
So now do you feel any better about your piles of laundry.
Remember what is said of those who compare them selfs .... To Whom much is given, much is required :)
Birthday and camping sleeping bag that was laundered, rain coats to be hung from camping.
Jeans washed need to be stowed.
Child abide in only clean room. This is my boundary this is my clean space and every night we have kept this deck ship shape. Otherwise I can not rest. I must have a place I can relax in. The couch is a very big purchase we made when we moved in here I prayed what can I do with pink the entire place was pink carpet. The rocker was the first thing Beloved gave me. He sanded it and finished it. That was over 25 yrs ago. You see it takes a life time then one day you look around and you have so much to be responcible and grateful for.
The maids seam to have open hands. They gather all the stray treasures
This space yet to be nurtured. I made the curtains. I asked God for the fabric I kept an eye our , received what he offered me. 22 yards of green and the master bedroom had another 22 yards of the rose corresponding design. $2.00 a yard! A lot of straight seams and many hours the old phaff humming and we had our selfs drapery's. Years ago we went shopping for that coffee table and while I was sitting in the store Beloved said "can I buy that for you?" I thought he was taking about the table it was a vanity that he was referring too. I did not take a photo of it though it feels sorta private. It is a matching piece to the master set. We were in our 10th year when we had saved up for the entertainment center.
The children's bath is always full of wonder and amazing little creations. I had the kids collect all the trash cans and they often clear the counter. I still find it amazing the fascination they have with hand prints on glass. I know that one day I will miss those little hand prints. You can tell how fast your children are growing as the hand prints climb up the walls. Reality is I no longer have to bend a knee to clean the wall prints. They are getting older faster and faster now.

The drawers are full of supplies for the creative arts for the children. They also have teaching tools for math, science and general exploration. Those are my cookbooks on shelf.
I keep a mirror by the pantry door, I can take a quick peek when I here beloved come in through the garage. I also look at myself sometimes just to remember who I am :) On day I'll do a pantry post but for today I have folded the sails secured the mast and Day is done.
The crew on hand, she yells" all hand on deck" they transfer their laundry and I have a boundary ... If it is not turned out I don't fold it. We place shirts to hang flat on a pile. Then without moving each shirt we insert a hanger and fold down the neck and insert another all the while the pile stays flat and in tack. (BIG TIME SAVER TIP) The table and hutch was a purchase at about our 22 year I think it is relatively new. Sorta frew frew, a nice addition that was the icing of furniture you know one of those. I keep many treasured gifts and memorabilia there. I have the children's Russian inheritance items. The city Dash was born in in world famous for crystal. I have my mommy figurines there of the mile stones. With a head injury I often fear forgetting the events I so treasure and hold dear. They are like pieces of my mind on the shelf.
browsing for "cookie" I check the lead in adds. this was done in the mid-day rest time. I let my body stop and just used my mind a while.
I look for item that I normally purchase ONLY
I keep an eye out for any regular items I purchase at 30% to 75% off and get those in bulk. I never know what will be stocked. I do not shop week to week> I shop sale to sale of REGULAR THING I ALWAYS BUY, ONLY the ones I would have chosen ! I made a list a long time ago of my favorites. I keep an eye for those and when the company changes the container design. I head to the dollar or the clearance rack. Pennies on the dollar.

Tenacious vivacious! Order has begun!
This post was a great motivator for the "gee I gotta get some chores done day"!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Your home is very lovely my friend, thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

WOW! You were ambitious. I need to get into Katelyn's and Lindsay's room. It looks like a toy store exploded in it. Thanks for the motivation.
Your house looks so beautiful. Love the commentary about Pirates. That is cute.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness