Saturday, June 2, 2007

The Rose, by Bet Midler


Some say love, it is a river
that drowns the tender reed.
Some say love, it is a razor
that leaves your soul to bleed.
Some say love, it is a hunger,
an endless aching need.
I say love, it is a flower,
and you its only seed.

It's the heart afraid of breaking
that never learns to dance.
It's the dream afraid of waking
that never takes the chance.
It's the one who won't be taken,
who cannot seem to give,
and the soul afraid of dyin'
that never learns to live.

When the night has been too lonely
and the road has been to long,
and you think that love is only
for the lucky and the strong,
just remember in the winter
far beneath the bitter snows
lies the seed that with the sun's love
in the spring becomes the rose.

I read a blog about a traditional family rose bush. Cuttings pasted on unto three generation.
Today a had a "rose" in my Sister.
It would be a long story to tell but we have been strangers more than what anyone might think of as sisters, for more years than not. It was a year or so I opened my family and self back up to a relationship with her after an invitation to her wedding. Our lives were marked with abuse and we were raised as enemies. When we came together she was so very thrilled and generous and kind as too give me a very expensive and valuable embroidery machine. I had to return it to her for these reasons
1. I needed it to never have an inch of even an appearance that My Love toward her could in any way be thought of as something less than unconditional.
So even in My thrill of such a gift I could not in good conscience keep it. That really hurt her. I hope that some day she could understand where I was coming from. OH I really liked that machine. I have used a wonderful 1957 Phaff for all my married years and been grateful for it. At the time with homeschooling and the childrens therapies I could not even learn how to use it. It was my understanding that it had been sold afterward. I often wished on many levels I could have been able to receive. it
2. My ability to trust has a big wound in it.

Today she was having a yard sale fly er to pass around and there on it was the machine listed. I called my husband and we purchased it! I am so excited for myself but sad for her. I think she may not understand why I just had to start the relationship free, she expressed the joy of giving it at the time, and assured me no strings but, I had to be true to all that was screaming inside of me that it signaled danger for the relationship to keep it.
Now it is mine and it is free of any ............ Well I live by this.
"Owe not man except to love him" I think I had to walk in love toward her for a year or so before I was safe with her. I received from her today. It was nice not to feel afraid.
To see the rose after winter.

No comments:

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness