there is something sublime
1. exalted, noble. 2. magnificent, superb, august, grand, gorgeous, resplendent, imposing, majestic.
in being a mother when beside my ill child. Though never a Mother who would ever wish thus upon my young.
Steve, upon Doves request assisted me in bring the air mattress into the living room. Tonight again I will sleep (term used loosely ) there with her only this time not sitting up on the recliner. She NEEDS me. How it is that a mother, this mother becomes irreplaceable. As if it is only in my presence peace security and the calm can come to her. It is a holy thing being here for my child.
It is sacred the charge to hold the hair, spoon the broth and wipe the brow.
So in that my pen runs low of ink (so to speak).
I am well with some head ache, tiny tad of nausea here and there. Rather tired and thankful she is calm at the moment. Thank you sweet Denise to ask of me. I wore a mask at the ER last night and on the sofa most of the night. Once the tell tell headache hit I knew flu was coming to hit me. However with the flu shot I received my defenses are higher. I could just kick myself for only getting it for Dash and I at the allergist. I should of made a pediatric appointment and gotten her one. It just slipped by me.
The antibiotics I started on Sunday will help too. My dentist appointment in the morning canceled (the reason of the prophylactic antibiotics). Yet I will stay on them. Still have the knee shots set on Thursday. Steve will leave work early to take me. It is in the late afternoon so I will be able to care for her until then. I trust Gods ways so high that it will all work out.
Well after 28 hour with only a few of sleep this is a little bit of a mental health break. I will be going in again now in the time of need.
Sleep should come in small slices of gratitude for it will mean that she has calmed the retching and rests. Sweet child.
Appriciate your prayers
Please remember Shorybear in hospital, a prayer would mean so much to her as well.
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
there is something sublime
Older women likewise teach the younger women...
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (38)
- ▼ 02/20 - 02/27 (8)
- ► 2010 (343)
- ► 2009 (642)
- ► 2008 (611)
- ► 2007 (718)
By Maya Angelou
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.
When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!
Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.
- A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
- The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
- Return with Honor
- The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
- "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
- “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
- "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
- "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
Click here for all crafts
This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."