After yesterdays adventure with anaphylaxis.
I was able to get up to make Steve's lunch and get the kids fed and off. Then went back and slept till 12:30!
Had a hard start with the kids and feel like a big ol ogre. Lost patience for the first morning in ages. Lots of crow for supper tonight. :(
Thank you for your prayers.
I'll need to think on thankfulness for a while and get up out of this hole called guilt and shame. Got me by the heals. Sad too when behavior is not what hoped to be. Should not have even tried the morning. As a mom/wife we do not have choice though most mornings. We push up our eye glasses clear a fog to see through to the bread on the counter. Package kiss and set aside to the next lot of duty and love.
Choice now lies in simple crow, the eating of the humility that shows my kids yep...mom can bomb but she is willing to return to triage and reconstruct the sanctuary.
Our mistakes are a way to show the way God loves I suppose.
Sitting there waiting for us to sheepishly return and hand over the mantle of shame and remorse. Then He shakes it out and covers our cold shoulders and pats us on the bum in the right direction. It is sure that when we glace back over shoulder to see if He is still watching...He is.
He IS...waiting for us to come back and report how much better we feel afterward.
Join us over here...
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Older women likewise teach the younger women...
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (38)
- ► 2011 (178)
- ▼ 12/05 - 12/12 (5)
- ► 2009 (642)
- ► 2008 (611)
- ► 2007 (718)
By Maya Angelou
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.
When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!
Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.
- A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
- The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
- Return with Honor
- The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
- "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
- “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
- "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
- "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
Click here for all crafts
This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."