Sunday, May 23, 2010

Dogs off leach...what would you do?

Leach laws are often ignored.


Today It almost cost this woman injury and the life of this dog.
In addition the safety of my children.
The owner was threatening our bodily safety as well

We had a wonderful day up in the mountains today. At the end Steve and I sat and watched the children just a little longer...Thank GOD!
For a large beautiful pit bull dog was off leach. The owner was asked by me to please put your dog on leach as I told the kids stay right where you are! Do not move!
Then it happened again only moments latter as I was rather ticked off at this point for the dog was moving toward my kids in a defensive manner.
The man took the dog off to his car and then stood there at the back of his car and TOOK THE DOG OFF LEAD!
With my radar up I watched him do it.
Then I saw it an elder with her dog on trail entering the parking lot.
I signaled to her to stop! 
She did not understand IN AN INSTANT that pit bull was running full bore at the woman and her dog! The owner runs behind cursing us! 
That we upset his dog because we were screaming for him to control the dog!
The woman and the dog were getting attacked!!
The man told the elder to let go of her dog as the pit was full on top of it in the mating position biting it!
She was trying to save her dog and I was yelling at the man to get his dog.
The dog then let go of her dog and headed for my KIDS!
The man finally got the dog and then verbally became VERY threatening to us telling it was our fault that we upset his dog!

What would you do?
remember this is a "G" rated blog
:)

I borrowed a phone called 911, tended to the elder and the dog. 
The man raging at us threatening saying 
"go ahead and call the cops, Good luck with that!"

So after waiting for the sheriff an hour in the cold wind we all got tired and headed to find the police station. 
It was CLOSED!!
The Sheriff had jurisdiction. 
The Sheriff WAS CLOSED!
Finally the ANIMAL CONTROL Sheriff came and met us all in the parking lot of the sheriff department. 911 operator  did not even bother to say more than"there was a dog incident up at the park"! No mention of the attack, verbal threat that was given and the endangerment of my kids as well as Steve and I.

How would ya all do that one?!

So we stayed with this dear heart and at the end of a TWO hour effort just to make a report were told that because the woman's dog was alright there was nothing she could do. The license number was bogus.
The only thing she could even charge him with would be get this...
dog off leach violation! a $130. Fine!

But we stayed course and made witness to the assault, tended the elder and even though nothing leagal came of it...we stayed with her and did the right thing by her. Sweet lady. Say a prayer for Maude.

Think about it...how would you respond if a pit bull was running at you full force to attack you and your dog, or child? STUPID man, beautiful dog un-leached. Wonder why they get a bad wrap it is the idiots who act all tough that do it! If that dog got my kid or that woman's dog was killed or bitten then they could of/would of given us support. Rather thank GOD that non of us were made his meal.
They should shoot owners like that not the dogs
:)

Daddy man...well we all prayed for the dog owners salvation. "we never know another mans story...it is far too easy to hate and much more difficult to understand why a person would do such a stupid thing." said father to children
Query...What made that man the way he is. 
Thus what the father of my children...forgave. 
Yet it was that we would the man be held accountable for his actions.

He taught...
Pray for your adversary rather than too curse him

We met a new forever friend in Maude the un-wounded woman with the living dog.
Because we were made to be there just a few more moments in time.

3 comments:

Susie said...

That is ridiculous!! A dog doesn't just attack like that! The man should have the animal taken away from him since he can't control him!!

LisaShaw said...

I agree with Susie above. I have had; in the past, my share of dealing with people who didn't leash their dogs. I once was prayer power walking in VA with a friend. A pit bull came at me while his owner walked a ways behind him carrying the leash. Fortunately, I'm a huge dog lover and have dealt with many so I knew to remain calm and how to engage the dog.

The owner caught up with us and said, "I can't believe he didn't bit you because he really doesn't like people". Well WHY IS HE NOT ON A LEASH, I kindly asked. After about 10 minutes of back and forth he understood where I was coming from and leashed the dog.

It can be very dangerous and people have no idea. Many of them think there dog WON'T bite anyone but I have two Maltese (small dogs) and both are leashed when walking for their safety and the safety of others.

I'm praying for you and your family dear one. Love you.

Denise said...

I agree with Susie.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness