Monday, January 4, 2010

News on my Big Sister

Sad news to tell. As I sit here with a pillow supporting my chest and my arms. My niece and her sons must be stunned. Just a year or so ago my brother in law passed. My sister will be transferred to a full care facility. Her apartment will not be returned to it looks like. My sister here and I spoke of going up to Washington perhaps at months end or at least in the late spring.
My big sister wants so badly to be with the love of her life. They were married almost 50 years. I am not sure how hard she will fight. They have diagnosed her with Pulmonary fibrosis it is a serious disease that causes progressive scarring of your lung tissue.My niece was told at most two years. I know that God is God but he is a respecter of our will. We are creatures of free choice.
I will need wisdom as to whether or not fly up sooner or later. It is bad weather up there and it would take a drive over the pass. It is wisdom perhaps to wait until the spring. The pass is nothing to take lightly. It is a long drive up to the plateau. My sister is only 66 yrs old.
She has a life of love, loss and a wonderful daughter and SIL thriving with five sons. She also had a special needs son who lost his life due to a drunk driver many years ago.
My niece would be the last of that line or at least become the elder. Her dads people have passed.
Please remember her and her family in prayer.
My heart will temper to the letting go of such a wonderful friend.
She was the one who came forward to confirm my memories. She had the courage to face the recovery of those things. My mom acknowledged her somewhat before she passed. It was a gift to both of us.

I think of the scripture passage of ...
Those that go one before us standing at the right hand of God ever interceding for us.

I wish her her hears desire. If it be to fight I am her strong supporter, if it is to go home...I let her go.
She is a wonderful sister and friend.
I am sad. 
She is suffering to breath. 
I wish comfort for her and peace.

6 comments:

Susie said...

They are in my thoughts:-)

Michele Williams said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. I will pray for comfort and wisdom for you as well as for your sister and her family.

God bless you dear friend.

How is Denise and Eddie?

Michelle Gregory said...

so sorry to hear this.

Annette said...

We need to be with each other, just sit, close your eyes and imagine me there with you, hugging you and praying with you and for you, and I'm there in spirit, I'm so so so sorry Donetta, shes so lucky to have you in her life, what a blessing you are, I will pray for all of you and always remember my sweet friend, I'm only closed eyes away~
I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Hugs to all
Annette

Marsha said...

Oh my dear Donetta! I wish I could be there with you to give you a big hug. Please know I am praying for you and for your sister and her family. I'm sure her heart is pulled in both directions.

You are a blessing and a precious gift from God. Don't you ever forget that!

Love you.

Denise said...

Oh I am so sorry, so very very sorry. I have no words to say but only great sorrow.. I sometimes wonder why there is so much sorrow in this life. BUT HE is God and HE weeps with us. Be comforted in this thought my friend that HE is able to contain all your sorrow and HE is able to comfort your sister. Whether it be healing here or home going........ I will pray.......

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness