Friday, December 4, 2009

We have not because we ask not...(sometimes we ask amiss)

This time it was given so sweetly!
So here is an answer to build up my sweet man. He sometime ago rebuilt this computer I am on and it is more than twice as fast as his. Now he is the one who makes a living on His machine but as he is he always wants to give me the best and this was the slowest machine in the house before its rebuild.
My husband "grandfathers" the machines in the house. He is always giving his computer talents to others who are in crisis and yet he runs a dinosaur.
So having four house computers is because he salvages the old parts and we are often given the old parts of those who he helps.
He has longed to improve Dash's  computer because it is the real cripple of a computer that can take several seconds per image. He researched getting a new video card but the unit in so old that it is hard to get parts.

After a lot of research it was concluded that it would really be best to upgrade the parts in his machine (in the future we can get more memory and it could be added as finance allows)
I told Steve to list and research and price out the parts shopping as if...So he learned what he needed to fix his own computer and then pass his parts over to Dash.

Totals and items identified we then prayed.

The next day a man gave him an expensive part, another man at work sold him a part at a real low cost.
That evening a call came in and the fellow that he does part time work for needs some things done (income).
We do not spend income we have not received. Last night we felt impressed to go ahead before the parts are no longer available do to supply and demand. He ordered the parts. We had hopes for a Christmas bonus but expected nothing.
He came home yesterday and had been given his written review with the highest of complements the review was awesome.
Today...he got a bonus only $80. short of the parts order he made last night.
He has excitement in his belly and it is a real joy to see. With the discipline we have been under we have let go of those extra wants. This becoming a need was really important for with the Christmas break he will have several days he is forced to take off.
Time to rebuild the machines and to do the part time work being supplied us.

3 comments:

Denise said...

God is so awesome the way He works things out, and Steve is one smart cookie, just like his wife. I love you sis.

Denise said...

I have a computer guru myself.. Dennis does all our computers... I think that the Father God had a hand in your computer doings....I love it how HE just steps in and answers prayer.. Wishing you a blessed weekend.....

Aunt Angie said...

I read all the way down and decided to comment on the bottom post!

It is GREAT that hubby can do so much--with what he is given! God does the same thing...

There is an old song that says, "Little is much when God is in it..."

I love the photo of the sleeping chocolate!

Hope you are feeling better! I know it was a struggle with all the allergies etc.

I hope the rest of your week is blessed... :)

When you think of me---pray. And let me know what the Lord lays on your heart. Specifically.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness