Sunday, November 29, 2009

Roasted Garlic Mashed Yucatan Gold Potato


 15 pounds made for Thanksgiving meals this year.
Four large bulbs of garlic with heads topped off and olive oil drizzedle.
Wrapped in foil they baked for an hour at 300*.
 
 Tools of the task.
Gloves are a must here.
The nut pick really works well for the cloves that were not cut.
For the the job pull back the layers of the bulb exposing all the cloves.
Any clove uncut set aside, then just turn the bulb over a bowel and squeeze out the cloves.
They will be mushy and soft squeeze all out and your left with this shell.
 
Those cloves set aside are simply squeezed if open on one end.
Note the baked clove at the tip is a nice little tube if your to use this on toast.
Garlic mellows and is rich and sweet at this stage.
 
 Mash with a gloved hand by just using your fingers.
Then store in a GLASS jar until ready to use.

15 pounds of Yucatan gold potato
Pealed
A glass of chocolate/soy milk/coffee a treat for the labor.
:)
These are naturally buttery and mellow they mash with ease.
 
 Dice in uniform small 1 inch cubes to evenly and timely boil.
The small size will cook fast.
Here a citric acid water (R/O or filtered, if tap let the tap water rest an hour before using to air out the chlorine that is in it or it will spoil the spuds flavor)  bath  is used to retain color.
 
 My Glass top is not suited to use the big caner pot on it.
So out on the camp stove they cooked.
 
 Here they are ready to drain after cooling slightly they were mashed easily REALLY these things just melt when mashed, very naturally buttery I used 2 sticks of butter for a 15 pound bag of spuds.
Salt and then add the garlic.
They were placed in three chafing dishes to be heated in a 300* oven for an hour before taken to the events.
They were still warm.
 


Nothing wasted
The peals were boiled in the citric water bath
then they were removed and the water bath used to boil rice for the dogs.
 

 
 They were thankful too.
:)
 
 The compost had the garlic shells and the foil recycled.

It was a real treat for all.
We saved a portion for the family and I made sausage mushroom gravy for lunch today
Hope you all enjoyed your weekend.

4 comments:

Susie said...

Yummo!!!

Amrita said...

This is a very interesting recipe. Like the roasted garlic.

Anonymous said...

Looks good!

sarımsak hapı said...

as garlic and vitamin-rich foods and natural antibiotics to me he has an excellent flavor and we like turkey, we are frequently consumed.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness