Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Marsha sent an update on Denise and Eddie our shortybear

Friends, after several attempted calls today, I finally spoke to our dear Denise this evening.
I want to preface this news with this truth, God is Sovereign and in control.  He can heal.  And most importantly, He is lending comfort to Denise and Eddie.  Even though this has been the toughest afternoon of their lives, they sense His presence and are committed to Him and each other.
After many tests, including MRI’s and yesterday’s spinal tap, the mystery disorder is not, was not a stroke. 
  • He has a cord compression and 2 bulging discs in his upper body. It does not appear surgery is an option.
  • With therapy he will regain strength but not feeling in his lower body.
  • Eddie will never be able to return to his job again.  He will need to go on disability.
  • He had 2 options: 1) Go to the Rehab Center for 2 weeks starting tomorrow (New Years Eve) and receive PT for 3-5 hours a day. 2) Go home and a therapist will come there and do therapy for 1 1/2 hours a day.  This evening, Eddie chose option #2 and he will work hard other hours during the day with Denise’s help to do the exercises.
At 46 years old, he is stunned to think of never working again.  I know that in time, he would be able to find other areas of work that is not manual labor, but I know how permanent disability works.  I don’t know if they do or not.  If you ever go off, you can never get back on again. 
I told Denise that so many in the blog community want to help them financially in some way, potentially through a PayPal button and a website set up just for them.  The PayPal would be linked to its own bank account.  Needless to say she was over whelmed.  I asked her to please pray and to approach Eddie about this so we can get it going and help them quickly.
I was supposed to go over there Thursday, but we have bad weather rolling in again tonight, plus the hospital will be transporting them home sometime Thursday.  I will get over to see her sometime over the next few days and help her with groceries, etc.  and get the funds to her that have already been mailed to me.  They won’t be able to do any banking until Monday anyway because of not knowing when they are being released and then New Years Day on Friday.
Friends, there are so many challenges ahead for them.  Denise does not drive, so they will need to have people get them around.  I’m thankful their apartment is on the first floor, that’s a blessing. 
I know our God can totally release this cord compression if it be His will.  They are praying to this end and ask that you all join them in praying.
Denise wants you all to know how VERY thankful she is for each and every one of you, your prayers, support and friendship.  She said she just doesn’t know how she can ever thank everyone for their love and kindness.  You all have lifted both of their spirits in an amazing way.
She will be calling me tomorrow after they get settled in so I know they’re okay.
Until then, let’s continue to storm the gates of heaven for Eddie and Denise.

Donetta speaks...I have posted all comments on her blogs to be printed out and given to her.

No comments:

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness