Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Doves Room Our year end project.


 Remember this...?
Well I have had it a while.
All of the colors were purchased in a quart of the darkest color of paint.
Then the white and an extra gallon on the dark blue fetched at mid day.
 
 Dove said the clouds on her ceiling made her feel like she was floating.
She argued her case with some insistence. We are trying to get to do more that just say ah ha to every question. Her desire was a dark ceiling to make her room feel smaller.
I am crazy!
OR desperate!
 
 Rich blue in an egg shell finish.
The white on the walls is KILLS to block out the former colors think of how many times it takes to paint the walls. Dude!
Oh yes I did painted the entire ceiling today and my neck can testify to that!
 
 Then the artistic flair
 
 My inspiration.
 
So within the shapes will hang photos of  friends and family perhaps. 
 
This is the corner where her bed goes.
job one
Get her bed out of Dash's room and into this room.
Tempt her with the desire to sleep in it by making it as inviting as I can.


 
 Painting a room with a child helping is double the level of effort and triple the pull for patience especially when they do not follow instruction, splash and tip over quarts of dark paint.
Thank God for humor and drop clothes
 
 This head ache made for a long 12 hour day of it.
Dash just told me that is how long I worked in there today.
There will be the cut in work around the ceiling and the purple poster rectangular shape at the head of the bed.
Not today
 
There will be purple curtains that are shears 
 
Her bulletin board goes in the dark blue square after I touch up the white a bit.
I hope to find a little used night stand for her the head of the bed will be in the corner along the right wall.
Head facing the door.
 A very full day and that is just the ceiling and two of the four walls...
There are a few more shapes to lay out on these two walls.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I Love that

Susie said...

It is going to look so cool when it's done!!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness