Sunday, November 1, 2009

Marriage Monday on Nov. 2, 2009 "A Love Letter to My Husband."


 Greater love has no man but to lay down his life for another.



He laid down his life for me.

sister mouse

Please God all I desire is a home of my own
A Man that Loves You.

Chatham pup and Dove






 

My Dear Husband
Yesterday I spoke of that early time when as only a brother in Christ to me you saw deep into the caverns of my teeth. I will always remember you selling your motorcycle to take me to the dentist. That day in that dentist chair when the dentist proceeded to look down my top at my breast you took me out of there and told him off...then you found me another dentist but not just any old dentist you research to find me the best dentist in the valley one who worked with special needs adults. You did this for a sister...a sister who became your bride.

Easily you let go of your passions to cause me to become your passion. It is with that passion you have for me that standing with me those early years you broke through the enmeshment of my family of origin. Making me able to fight through so that I would have my freedom from the dysfunction of my youth.

I remember the day you held me when married only a month the call came in that Rusty (my boyfriend of 4 years ) was dead. You held me , you wept with me and understood. Not a jealous bone in your body . Only trust in me.

You my darling believed in me. You saw me in all my glory even if it was only a foreshadowing of who I have become.

You walked with me laying down all the hopes and dreams of a "normal" life. Others saw you as a white horseman reaching down for the gutter child. Never did you ever see yourself that way. You saw us always as equals in the eyes of God in the eyes of that love we reflected back and forth.

Many years you played a duel role in my life as husband friend parent teacher healer a child helping another child so that we might grow into adult hood together.

My Dear beloved friend my lover dear husband and father of our young your love has kept me longing for breadth when it was the only thing that could of done so.

You have grown into glorious manhood along side this woman once child. Your an example that many would gain honor from.  Even within the humanity of your frailty that spirit of humility shines through.

Dear soul my friend you are true faced to me. I trust in you always. Even when we disagree you hear me and listen. I love that man who you are. Never a bone to destroy. Never a thought to slaughter life or anything living. No joy find you in the kill of a beast or the destruction of a man. You are he who would weep of such things.

I love who you are. You are safe and true. Quarks yes...shoot um' ups on computer aside :) it is a joy. Then that's just me and you accept that it is me.

You accept me, fight for me, believe in me. Longing always to bring me/us life more abundant.
This is your heart for me. Your life laid down for the others around you. Seldom ever longing with envy or resentment for those things that your sacrifice has left you with loss.
Never let go of your dreams my friend. We may not see how they could come true...but for you it is my desire they do so.

It is easy to like who you are.  You embrace the world around you with silent compassion. Those who God cares for do you also long for them the best life can give them. This is a beauty around you.

Oh your laughter, the balance you bring in our family. The playfulness you share with your children is a spark of light that will glow within them their entire lives.

You have sparked that same glow within me. You are that light set up in our home and my darling you shine.

You Shine.
You...you light up my life.





Please join us for Marriage Monday on Nov. 2, 2009. By majority vote this month's topic is, "A Love Letter to My Husband."

Every marriage begins on a high note. We're full of love, and we trust that the days ahead will be full of joy and fulfillment.

Early in your relationship, n o doubt you received (and sent) a love note or two from your sweetie. When was the last time you scribed a few words of appreciation to your man? Let's recapture some of those romantic good feelings this month.
Our challenge is to write prose, a poem, or even a song that expresses our love and gratitude for the man God gave to us as our life partner. Celebrate your husband in words, and let us share in your excitement! I guarantee you'll have some fun in the process.

Please Bring a Friend

Feel free to copy any part of this announcement and post it on your blog. As always, the more participants we have, the better.

11 comments:

Susie said...

So beautiful!!

Aunt Angie said...

How beautiful!

Your deep and heaven sent loves shines through! All the way to Florida!

What a blessing. Friend I have missed your smile! Your easy laughter!

I hope you are doing well---this past week---was a very busy one. I found myself typing so much on the 3 days I missed of the atty's work load that I went home daily with a hurting wrist. I refused to baby it ---no sense in it!

I am so excited about the prospect of next year! I wait on what God will do---your words have lingered, rolling over and over in my heart. I gave the sweet message to 3 that I love dearly and they did the same as me....wept at the thought of HIS love and care for us all.

Love you much dear friend! Take care and have a very blessed week!

April Feagley said...

No man could ask for a better tribute! Such a wonderful letter.

Heather of Swallowing A Moose said...

Awesome! :o)

Constance said...

The call on our husband's lives is to present us, their Bride just as Christ presents us (the Church, His Bride) spotless before the Father. This means they fight FOR us, love us and make us feel cherished within that love. What an excellent example his life is of this!
Connie

Tracie Nall said...

So beautiful. What a wonderful example of a Godly husband.

Susannah said...

Your husband is a shining example of the love of Christ. What a powerful testimony your marriage is. Others (like me) see His love through the two of you. Thank you for writing such a beautiful tribute to your husband today.

Love you!

e-Mom @ Chrysalis

Susan said...

Donetta,

What a beautiful testimony of your love for each other!!

Thanks so much for sharing today♥

Julie Arduini said...

That was such a sweet intimate message, what a blessing to read this. Thank you for sharing a precious blessing over your beloved with us!

New site/moved blog:
http://www.juliearduini.com
(book giveaways all month!)

Wife of Rob said...

What a precious tribute to your beloved! Thank you so much for sharing with everyone today!

Jen

Denise said...

So precious is your love for one another sis.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness