Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Free to be me Florida Christian Bloggers Retreat Part 4 meeting day two

Saturday Morning found me at the table with friends.
Tiffany came to get me and I had this unequal lie upon me where I thought that I was to wait there for Angie to come and get me.
For perhaps they all needed/wanted to gather without me.
We so often see our selves as less than when we look at each other as a title of worth or degree.
Lies over me...for I was more than welcomed and a part of a whole.

We all joined at Angie's where once again her darling of a husband, my dear brother in the Lord had ready for us fixings.
This really was a generous kind offering.
It is one thing when we give from an overflow or bounty another when we give when it hurts or stretches us.
These folk did the later I think.
That is my thoughts and sense of it.
The extension of their hospitality was at there own sacrifice.
I saw that freedom of offering in there eyes .
When they looked into each others eye...it was all for Him.
I saw that in Jeff's eyes when he looked into Angie's they were one.

Well we drove onto the meeting
I think I drove on in with Connie, it is all sorta a blur this morning.

At the meeting we had a breakfast served of fruit, the others had a egg dish I think and yogurt.
There were muffins too. These dear hearts that fed us were so kind. Angie's sister came to me with a cereal bar. As milk is an allergy to me they thought of every kindness.

Now most of those there have spoken well of the meeting and the contents of the lectures and rightly so. So I'll tell you of my day and the joy of Gods presence for me.

Sitting there watching Lisa it was a holy thing.
For in Lisa's stead I saw a tall pine swaying in the breeze pointing us to the cross.
I know I am a strange bird and thinking of it am glad that is so.
The way I was privileged to see my fellows was so sweet.
It was a time of unity and a time of vision.
For I am a visionary and the whole retreat was about being free to be me.

I did not hide what I saw from those whom I saw it over.
Most accepted some do not understand that is alright.
Not my place to do any more than to be a messenger.

Oh but it was so beautiful!
That tree out on the precipice swaying.
Holding on to rock with the roots tied deeply into the earth.
Seemingly holding the precipice solid without erosion or the fear there off.
Most trees would topple in such a breeze not this one.


Now Tiffany and I had a time of prayer together before she spoke.
There was a child there at the function that my heart was fervent over yet being a time of rest I was not free to nurture as I would of love to been able to do.

Tiffany and I passed in the hall and we wrapped those cords unbroken around this child in prayer.
Her very message altered last moment.
That very change touched the heart of a young woman.
Now I mean no disrespect in the use of the term child.
For we are all children in his eyes.
For it is in seeing each other as that child we are that we can see past those wounds so broken into the compassions that are needed.
Over looking the person we see before us and using the eyes of love we can see each child broken and for their case plead.

Oh I wish you could of seen her she was a beautiful sight to behold.
She was shining and so vibrant.
Finding beauty in the sweetest of things.
This she gave the gift of humor to me.
Healing as it is she left me refreshed and inspired.
 
So glorious a shining as Susan passed me by, I had to snap her image.
This woman sure can shine.
She had poured her hospitality upon us Thursday eve at her home.
It came back upon her you can see it in her face.
 

 
Now Connie and I just hit it off, she knew me by my heart.
She could see who I am and it was a rest in her presence that was more than refreshing.
This Pillar of a woman, a column of connection with the divine was a fiery fun companion.
I felt like she brought out the best in me.
She shouts it out there unashamed for all to hear.
Rejection by the masses we both knew how that can be.
We received the invitation to be "free to be me".
Powerful force when you live that.
 
So surrounded by the forest like the love of watching the trees dance in the woods.
I was refreshed out of this desert .
A new dress just begged to adorn me.
All the others had on the t-shirts that were so lovingly made.
That day I put on make up and rested me.
Having to dress up to celebrate the time to simply be...I even put on stockings.
When I live my role here at home it is not an easy thing to stop and tend to my own beauty.
It gets lost in the shadows left by the sunshine in my wonderful day to day.
It really did just feel terrific to shine.
I felt so pretty its been a long time.
 
 
 
The meeting house was hushed once this task I attended.
You see Shorty Bear could not be there .
Her absence was pronounce.
Marsha gave me the stack of envelopes with a wonderful card from Denise (Shorty Bear).
I had the honor and the privilege of passing them out.
Oh I wish you could of seen it.
I was passing them out as the chatter all around me women in there element.
When I said "this is from Shorty Bear"
There was a pronounced hush then a silence.
All word then spoken through that crowd was of a fondness toward her.

Denise you were there present in all those minds and hearts.
Thought were shared about you.You were in the house.
 
Alecia spoke on missions to the families who are so in need.
She has a couagous jurney with Family Life Ministries.
Among us there are soldiers earning purple hearts in silence she will be counted among them.


No one just want to be like some
"bump on a pickle"

(this in my garden the first one. Marsha used this metaphor and we all laughed so hard.)
Made me laugh when I found this out in the garden.

 
Many a good solid message.
This one was for sure.
Marsha said many things this the one that planting within me...
"You give from the overflow within you"

I have been giving till I am drip dry, neglected to fill with the word.

She spoke about the saucer and it was a good solid image for me.
When I am taking real good care to love on me.
I make a china tea pot and pour it out into a fancy cup and saucer.
This extravagance I offer to remind me of my delicacy and beauty.

Marsha helped me to remember.
Fill me up then pour out.

Sucking the drip dry from the china cup is pour edicite.

Lynn had spoken from a heart of purpose leaving her notes behind she touched heart so warmly.
The whole time she was speaking I found myself simply in the solitude of prayer.
So I find it hadrd to remember the message for I was simply away for her in prayer.


Joann taught of the practical.

Now you may have noticed a fewer ... and !!! in my posts. Joann gave good instruction on making my post easier to read. She spoke of fewer words, less syllables too. Teco teaching and very well received. 
Now she was a canyon of knowledge and walled on either side her eyes straight up and that the view. 
Narrow canyon walls to keep her tucked within.

 
Turtle girl "B"
His girl.
Well named and applied.
She is so beautiful.
It was "B" who gave the shell to Dash in answer of his desire and prayer.
Such a generosity planted seed within my child.
Growing an ask and ye shall receive.
It was this beautiful shall that was just that icing on the cake.

Well the meeting time was over and so was the time with her.
She had to exit as did the whole of the crowd.


 

They all on to another adventure as they returned from whence they came.

Oh but of adventure...
There was more for me to come...
Stay tuned for the next installment for a Southern Field Trip filled that afternoon.

7 comments:

Annette said...

Nothing better than to be with people who share a common ground...The love of Jesus!!
you looked beautiful in that dress, but your beautiful no matter what!
Read your post below this and a WONDERFUL wife, mother, and friend!

Hugs & LOVE
Annette

Anonymous said...

Sounds like such an amazing time with so many great people!!!

LisaShaw said...

Hi dear sister,

I came back over here this afternoon after being out all day, just to love on you as the LORD brought your face to my minds eye as I drove home today.

I prayed for you and then I came by to see if you wrote any updates on your knees or jaw or your baby girl and then I see this beautiful post that brought me into mega tears.

I have no words other than to say you are NOT a strange bird you are a beautiful Bird seeing with the eyes that the LORD has given you and I'm so blessed to call you sister.

Please know that I'm praying for Dove and your entire family. I love you and by the way, I told you that your dress and make up was beautiful when we were there but I think I'll just tell you again (smile)...YOU WERE SHINING FOR THE LORD sister!

Love you much. I enjoy what has become regular visits with you Donetta. Blessings.

Denise said...

Beautiful post girl beautiful..... What a wonderful thing to be in the presence of God and in a room filled with godly women.... I miss those days....... My heart is full of joy that you were able to experience the retreat.... What a wonderful thing that God had done in your life.....

Denise said...

My precious beautiful sister, I love you so very much. You are not strange at all, you are wonderfully made.

Aunt Angie said...

I love reading your experience. LOVE IT! It brings it all back for me...and I am able to see it through the eyes of those I LOVE dearly!

I wish we could have gotten a picture together! ;) Next time!

Marsha said...

Do you know how much I have simply enjoyed sitting here reliving our beautiful retreat journey, thanks to you? Your whole series has just blessed me to no end.

Thank you for the kind words concerning what the Lord laid upon my heart to share with you all. He is faithful.

You are loved my especially sweet sister!

XO

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness