Saturday, October 31, 2009

Free to be me Florida Christian Bloggers Retreat Part 3


The Friday Morning Song

This is the chorus.


Laughter and morning joy.
The Hospitality of Jeff and Angie.


 Jeff was so kind and made me an egg without milk.
This is just their way if there is a need it is filled.
Everyone is made to feel special and loved.
 
We had Coffee and juice and pigs in a blanket.
Jeff with his effervescent yet subtle charm...Even gave possum in a can to Joann.
Have you ever seen someone bring such grace and poise to a can of possum.
YES possum, some folk still eat it!
You'll have to go check out her kids reaction on her blog.
Very funny.
This child must of been sitting under the humor tree for she was full of the fruit of it.

  
It was time to go tend the pea patch.

So after a wonderful time of morning fellowship and friendship we all set off to see to the retreat.
There was table setting and meal preparations, goodies bags to be packed with hankie, pen and many wonderful pamphlets a book and a CD. Too numerous to think off. I enjoyed the color coded M&M's too.
The store was being set up many hands at work.

We then attended the prayer room for our group prayer over the retreat.

While we were in the room praying I began to laugh.

It ws as I saw a thread rising up out of each of us and becoming a great cable. 

The strands were as if they may have been DNA. 


 

The strength of the corporate prayer was holy and I began to laugh at the beauty of it. 

I shared this with a few but found myself hushed of it with others. 

Those holy things best left holy and care as to it not being trampled.

We left that prayer room and set to start to tasks.
I was left to attend others and as I asked to do so I ran into a little bit of a trigger.
Our dear friend and fellow was setting up a table.
I innocently heard her ask of her babies and for some reason I thought of dolls.
So when I asked to help her she asked me to unload a box of babies. It was a small box covered with a plastic so I did not see what I was reaching into.

It was a box of soft spongy life like fetuses.
I almost lost my cookies.
I simply replied
"I am sorry I can not do this"
and closed the box. She responded "Oh just if you would put some of each color over here in a box please". She commented perhaps I need to have some healing of it and I had to just tune that comment out. Her heart was good but the comment untimely.
I looked down to see them for before I had just felt them.
Just then a pair of beautiful eyes said "here I'll do it".

We must all stop and think of the shoes that others have walked in. We may think and fight with great fervor for our goals and visions. Remember that there are many who we do not know what it is like in their shoes. Walk softly my friends in all of our good causes walk softly.
It is one thing to stop abortion another to heal those who have become trapped in the wake of it.

I fled to the prayer room into Lynn's arms and just wept
really cried my eyes out.
It was safe there with her.
Now I have done a lot of work over the loss of Nathanial my son never born.
It was time to weep.
That I had done very little of.
I belly wept and Lynn was there to hold me.

I held her in her concerns as well.

We were together there for and with each other.
It was beautiful.

I could not go into the shop so I did not do so much shopping.
The very thing I did have eye on sat too near the pro life display.
Later though it was actually given to me by Marsha at the farwell moment.
She is an amazing woman with great passion for the unborn.
I love her deeply.

Later that day a young woman came to me and opened up and poured her heart out.
I was tender to hear her.
I was tender myself.
I do not know if I offered you the support you needed and If I faltered I am so sorry.
I was still reeling a bit.
I had been reminded of how bad it hurt to heal after the wounds of an abortion.
I lost My baby almost 30 years ago and it is still fresh.
He is with the Lord and has forgiven me as has the Lord and I also forgave myself for such a choice at such a desperate time. It still hurts.


When we are so strongly involved in a cause let us always remember that those who were victims of the very thing we are so vigilant over need to be considered lovingly.

Marsha was so very concerned over the exchange and I was able to tell her . She spoke of getting healing well even with healing those scares can run very deep and close to the heart of a woman.


 
 The ladies made a luncheon and it was lovely.
 

 

 
 We all came back to the Green Frog Cafe after the meeting
 
 Worship was a pleasure.
 
 This little fellow was a reminder of the night before when that little frog kissed my cheek and fell to the earth as I jumped back in a start.
 


To she who has an ear...




 

 
Our Turtle Girl and her dear friend
 
Turtle Dove
 


 
The canyons I told you about
I do not remember who but his is what I told you.


This is obsidian in its natural state.


 
 This was all spoken with love.
Obsidian arrow heads and snowflake obsidian.







I had the privilege of seeing into the souls of a few of my fellows
Some courage taken as well to speak of what I saw.
Most received it as it was given some may not have.
That's alright I know I am a strange bird.
My eyes see the names of folks as they are...
It is like a giving of an Indian name.
Where each were named for who they are.

I fly in a free sky, free to be me was the retreat title and so I just was who I am.

 We were at the end of a day.
I had a young one so strong on my heart but nothing left of me so I came home with Connie the pillar. Comfortable and resting in her company I did as she said and just walked in and offered each a place and then just put my Jammie on and went to sleep.
I was spent. Over and over the retreat was to be a time of rest for me.
So even though I did not get to know many as well as I would of loved too...it was for me to rest.

In that evening hour a dear Turtle B came with a gift.
She is so beautiful!
 
 We have some common ground between us.
She had come with a requested shell.

Dash had asked if I could bring home a conch shell.
I told little Dash Man that I would do my best but to ask Pappa God to provide for it.
Now when Barbara asked me if there was anything she could bring to me (she drove up) I told her of the Dash request.
She quietly came into the room and I so tired barely stirred.

In the mornings light I found this gift she had given me.
 
Her and her husband let go of this treasure.
Now what a gift!
She was so sweet to give this to us.

I only got to speak a little to her and show her a few things she needed to see.
We hope to get together more and speak often.

It was a very busy day.
When I awoke to see that shell I stood jaw dropped!
I do understand now more why I was so very tired and needed that sleep so bad.
I am recovering two jaw infections and so the awe was just so perfect.
Thank you Turtle B
Barbara for the shells, there were several off the beach she gave too.

Dash was so thrilled and I will be taking the shell to the elementary next week if I am able to serve.
The children will love seeing it I am sure.
Stay tuned for the next installment
It is time I go get ready to make cookies with the kids.
Enjoy your day.

5 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

So glad you had a fabulous time. We are so sorry you didn't come to the Az. Blogger lunch. We had a fabulous time. Hugs, Marty

LisaShaw said...

I read every word and was very touched by all you shared Donetta. You're a beautiful creation of the LORD's and I am so thankful He's allowed me to meet you in person and to get to know you just a little bit more. Love and hugs.

Denise said...

Thank you sis for sharing so deeply from your precious heart. Wish I were there to give you huge hugs. I love you so very much.

Aunt Angie said...

I loved every word...finding a message for me thrills my heart!

Continue to pray as the LORD directs our next steps.

Love you dearly sister-friend.

Tea with Tiffany said...

Wow, what a beautiful post. Full of memories. I love every name and picture you shared. Thank you!

May God continue to heal your wounds. He is able. His love will make a way and one day I believe you will dance and sing in the most amazing way. Freedom dance.

Your friend,

Turtle Dove

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness