Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Free to be me Florida Christian Bloggers Retreat part 2

Good Day







Speaking of Good Days
My trip to Florida was full of them.
The nights...well this was the first evening.

After  we all gathered for a wonderful visit at Angie's home

we all went out to lunch.
It was a real nice easy visit and just getting aquainted time.
Those who were flying in all were together and it was time for a good rest.


My shelter was nestled in the midst of many and I was alone.
After my nap I had a little visitor in my room.
When I asked him to show himself a little mouse stopped in his tracks and looked up at me.
I ofered him an escape out the door but he choose to scurry off into the other part of the house.
I told my host who was concerned that I was alone in the home to be assured that I was not.
Telling them of "Henry" (the name the mouse was coined).


The others were all up in the house that the leaders were all staying in.
It was perfect!
For as per Angie's nurturing instructions, I took a nap.
After I unpacked and showered it was time for the next surprise of the day.

I had the privilege of  joining the leadership team at a wonderful estate for a supper.
The supper was served by the youth of a local congregation at the home of the sweetest hostess.

It was the best company and a wonderful meal.
It was the conversations that were more than just the icing on the cake.

Now sitting across from me was the most beautiful, graceful, poised woman.
This raging beauty began to express that she had a great distaste for frogs and lizards.
Well those of you who know me can just see it coming :)

So others laughed that just the afternoon at my nap I had a little visitor in my room.

This woman of the South with here delightful tone began to tell us all of her experience, with such, just recently.


She told of of these traps that the critter runs across. As it is terribly stuck in his tracks. 
Well being a woman of some level of compassion she could not stand to just look at this predicament her nemesis had gotten itself into.


So Like any well meaning demure woman might do


She pulled out her 357 Magnum and emptied the clip into this now vanished little critter and put it clean out of it's misery.
Henry ought to be grateful I am from out West
:)


Oh I laughed so hard for the summation of her tail totally caught me off guard.

The tables were set so lovingly

Now as we sat around this table tails of critter retaliations continued...


Next to me sat a wonderful woman who was so short a stranger that we were just close as could be.
Of course this hospitality of those Southern women was just that way.


Began she a tail of the SKUNK.


Well now Connie is a column of support a pillar of sorts
Like those stalagmites and stalactites that merge overtime deep within the caverns of the earth.


Connie began...
She was visiting in the city and a skunk was troubling the house.
It had sprayed the foundation and it was obvious that something just had to be done.
So Miss Connie went outside and formally addressed said skunk...
"now in the name of JESUS you die!"


Well she was witnessed by a daughter and grandchildren doing so.


Some time later a child was out in the yard crying.
A neighbor child thought to have found a pet cat on the lawn in distress...


Well they went out to tend to the girl and there before them
YEP!


feet in the air on it's back
the dead skunk!


 
Out of the laughter came feed bellies.
The supper was so wonderful and sweetly served us by such kind youthful hands.

 
We all choose boas and the fun was at hand.
Now at one point our hostess there to the left spoke up about the little frogs before mentioned.
She the lamb so woolly that a blanket could of been knitted to cover this crowd with the kindness she grew.

We all quickly attended the wall at her anouncment that said frog was on the wall.


I went over to him and said hello
Flanked on each side by my camera totting fellow bloggers.
I said "hello, now aren't you just the cutest thing" he turned his head and it was noticed by those around me that he was listening to me.
Just at that moment as I praised this little fellow. 
He jumped right on my cheek and those women armed with the shutters so fast caught his little self in mid flight.


We all just rolled.
Only me.
I love that I have this thing with the critters.
It was so wonderful that they got to know me a little better that this is just who I am.
Now at one point desert and a nice time of fellowship wrapped up the evenings beauty.
 
We all returned to our little paradise


and soon I was off to sleep .
 
This a full nights rest for me.
I alone in that little house.
All the others stayed up so late and felt it.
For me it indeed was meant to be a time of rest.
 
Sunrise the next morn and a trip to Angie's for a wonderful
start to the day.
We had a retreat to attend too.

We all drove over to the other church and began the set up.
Now ya know Angie saw to it I did very little.
She was determined I took it easy.
So I respected that.
 
Florida sunrise gives pause to this story.

It was the dawn of a wonderful new day.

to be continued...

10 comments:

Annette said...

I am so glad you got to go, I saw your picture and you are so beautiful, I love your smile! sounds and look like's like a good time was had by one and all. I read your post about you son trying to get the eggs for breakfast, had to giggle just a tad bit, we had some hens when I lived at home with Mom & Gilbert and I was scared of them too, but more scared of what might have been in that nest with them, that I would take a broom stick and poke them ever so gently to get them off their nest, I'd go and get eggs at night! you said you wish you could be here with me during this time, you are here with me, I can feel your love and its feels so good.
Love ya~
Annette

Marsha said...

I just love your telling of this story! Even though I was there, I want to hear you tell it again and again.

Love you.

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing, I love reading about your retreat adventures. I love you sis.

Annette said...

Just checking in for part 2 of the retreat..love you
Hugs back
Annette

Corey~living and loving said...

glad you had such a nice time. :) your stories made me smile...and giggle a bit.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an amazing time. My first visit to your blog. I love it! I'll be back!

David Edward said...

God bless you. I am so glad you had this time of refreshing for all of you

Unknown said...

Awesome and you caught the tiny moments that are what I remember too. That tiny frog and the mouse and the details that most miss.

You are amazing... I am richer for meeting you face-to-face. I thank the Father for that. Hugs

LisaShaw said...

Beautiful sharing dear one.

Tea with Tiffany said...

You took some great pictures and retold some great stories. I wasn't at the table Connie was at, but we could hear parts of it. We were telling our own tales.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness