Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Free to be me Florida Christian Bloggers Retreat part 1







 Come away
 Come away
come away with me my love.
Song within.

To tell you all about the trip is a full, tall order of independence, rest

"Freedom to just be me".
Uninterrupted by the task of my parenting work a day role.

In Phoenix I was getting ready to board and was given favor.
The counter clerk called me up by name.
Because I had requested a wheel chair when I ordered my tickets on line
my seat assignment was moved only three rows from the door.
They were so kind it was just amazing!
After a long flight from Phoenix I was in Atlanta Georgia.
Hobbling off the plane, ever so slowly up that long ramp.
I made it to the top.
 I just stood there to let those poor souls behind this old turtle go by.
I was just standing there a moment trying to catch my breadth.
My knees were non to happy about being bent for so many hours.

A wonderful pare of kind eyes caught mine as I looked up.
I was shy of tears at that moment
 rather overwhelmed and a bit embarrassed.
His kind hand extended to me over the distance
I walked over to him we exchanged smiles that drew those tears away.

Now if you have ever been to Atlanta you will understand when I say that is the biggest airport in the states.
Mercy it is huge!
The dear soul pushed these heavy bones from the farthest terminal to the other end through the tunnel and the metro...and then had to go back to the other end only to see that error was made on the monitor.
The first place he took me was where I needed to be.

Oh my heart just felt so bad for this man.
How patient he was.
As he put it
"you just have to choose to be patient"
That man earned his $20 tip.

So sat I at the gate then the plane arrived.
Passengers de boarded I saw a sight that really set me back.
There were a full steep flight of steps down to the craft then a full set of steps up.
Well up is doable painful but can be accomplished.
Those steps down made my tummy turn.
It had been over a year
I was over due for the shots that stop my knees from being bone to bone.
Can you say..."don't trust em, ouch?"

 
 Once again another adventure in the humility of receiving help.

Now some are so stubborn proud and will force themselves to do those things they should not.
Me, well lets just say I am learning to do what is right.
Humility verses humiliation.

I was actually taken right down onto the tarmac via an elevator through restricted space.
It was very interesting seeing all the sights behind the scenes.

Arrived in Tallahassee it is very small airport.
The wheeled chair pushed up the ramp.
 I was able to walk the short distance to the arms of kind welcome.
Angie set up a time of rest.
Being a day early to the retreat I was the only one in the dorm.
I found a bed in the far corner that felt like a strong space.
It was a house full of little twin camp beds and it felt sorta selfish of me to take such a nice bed.
I accepted however all of the kindness that came my way.
It was like I was being taken care of.
So many months years of being the head of that role toward family and friends it was really what was needed to refresh my soul.
We stopped by a drug store and got some shampoo and little things I needed.
I only took a carry on so as not to have to use baggage claim.

When I was unpacking a tap at the door.
This dear sweet Mar ma had a half gallon of soy milk.
She went OUT OF HER WAY TO GO GET IT!
Wow!
Loved.
 
Now sweet Angie had me wrapped in a loving quilt from her own home
a wonderful checkered pillowcase made me feel like family.
Her hospitality generous.
Then I looked into the refrigerator...
Two large baskets of goodies and I began to sob.
It was the love, it just broke through the fatigue and was so amazing to me that I just became hushed.
 
 my room was to the right.

After we all had arrived we had a wonderful time together and a magnificent dinner out.
That will be in part two.
I will just give your sweet eyes a rest.

 
Chestnut tree
Sorta like a thick shelled pecan.

6 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

Oh Donetta, how wonderful to hear how kind Angie was to you. It's too bad I wasn't able to accompany you on your trip from Phoenix though. I can't wait to hear the rest of your story.

Hugs,
Debbie

Denise said...

Angie is such a precious blessing, I am so glad you two were able to meet face to face. I love you, looking forward to reading more about the retreat.

Aunt Angie said...

I am glad you made it home safe and sound!

I was so blessed by your kind heart...and I loved the picture you placed here of the pea pod.

Love you dearly!

LisaShaw said...

Donetta, I so loved reading this message because I can actually hear you sharing it since you spoke to me at the REtreat about the airport experience.

Angie is special isn't she?! But so are you dear one. I'm thankful to the LORD for His loving on you through others.

I came back over to watch the videos you posted for me. I'm excited.

Love ya.

Marsha said...

Such a sweet retelling of the beginning of your journey to the retreat.

I'll be back for more!

Love you bunches.

Denise said...

What a wonderful time reading your experience going to the retreat..... I did not know you had trouble with your knees..... I am behind the times I fear..... Looking forward to part 2........

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness