Saturday, October 10, 2009

Date Night


My Sweet Little Boy.
The school bell rang and there sitting on the bench in front of the door sat I.
Dash soon bounded out among all the masses with Archer in tow he flung his arms around me and said
"I knew you would come"
He was a little regressed at the end of this week.
All the action in the neighborhood I think.
He had his back pack ready...this an old pack of Daddy man.



With the kids at a sleep over...
I made two stops before I got home...
I flew in the door once I notice Steve came home early.
Loved it that he was home but I had not showered or made the meal.
So I sent him to the shower set the meal.
I told him that the kitchen was off limits and went to go shower and get changed.
It was really sorta fun trying to rush about and get it all done.
I was going to broil a cod fillet but we had plenty and the light cool supper was really a treat.
I made a raspberry vinaigrette for the salad.
Lemon sorbet for desert.
We rarely have wine but I got a bottle of pinion? it was a white bubbly.
I used the cork screw to open it as the carbonation hissed out...it was a screw top:) hahah
Shows how often we imbibe.

So candle light on the porch served I a dinner.
Just Steve and I.
Steve surprised me with the camera...blog life.
We had desert in the garden watching the hens. You know they really are a peaceful thing to watch.
I gave my beloved a garden tour showing him the fruits already on the vine.
(veggies at it were)

We went over to drop off Archers bedding and then stopped to see what was at the picture show.
We walked up to the marquee with the masses and then we just walked away from it all to just be us.

We stopped at a store called Harbor Freight...it was funny me in a red dress in a hardware store looking at cool tools and gardening gear. You might not know but mechanical things are really interesting to me and I love quality or helpful equipment and tools.
Steve and I really have that in common. See we laugh because this was our date or a part of it.
I really enjoyed seeing this cool store that my dear man wanted to show me.
He was thinking of my heart and my interest different than others yes, but a common ground for us.
I found a nice jewelers pliers that I needed and a eye glass clip on magnifying loop it has 3x and 5x lenses.
We chose to go to a wal-mart and buy a movie and snacks and go home.

Now this is amazing!
As we pulled up to the house we saw the reflection of our labs eyes as he sat sentinel on the curb of the sidewalk in front of the house!!!!!!!!
Somehow the gate was open?
He did not run away he just sat there waiting for us to come home.
Our Golden was inside the fence too.
Steve found a bag of dog dung on the side yard?
Perhaps someone walking there dog threw it at him?

We hung out and watched a movie together and enjoyed each other the snacks and the evening. 
With no story time or bed time children s rituals we simply stood up and went to bed...so easy.
We just simply choose to go to bed, no sweet daughter knocking at the door at 3 a.m.

It was so strange not to have any interruptions.
Finishing sentences is a lost art when we are with the children.
With Dash having a hearing loss and Dove well we just have to reinforce and reinforce...
seems to make little to no difference.

I will be standing in a room and all three of them will speak to me at the same time.
Daddy man usually gets higher rank unless there is a crisis.
Well with kids there is always a crisis. :)

It was nice to sit together and enjoy the evening.
We even slept in...
As we awoke we had several minute of prayer time  this as I lay there arm in arm with him and with Abba was the highlight I think. We just thought of the concerns and laid out them one by one over and over, it was just the best!
We just relaxed for the longest time spoke nothing of work or chores to be done.
Kept silent of tasks..until I remembered the kids would be home in a hour or so and the chickens were out of food.
I was so looking forward to my sis of the heart friend to come and bring home the children so she could stay a while and visit, see the gardens and listen to her new novel plot.
She is a writer. A self published girl.
I am so proud of you, one her sequel now.
ELDALA
Great read! available on Amazon

Well....chickens were hungry no feed.
So we had to take a run to the feed lot before the kids got home.

When we came back and emptied the bags and fed the critters...

a message on the phone left me to realize that my friend who had been sleepless...well she was tired and unable to stay when she was to come to bring home the kids...(I wanted to be with her. :( boo hoo
So with the kids at her place overnight and her tired we opted to go fetch the children.

On the way home sweet Dash was in a crash...he was starving like the kids in India just dieing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm) I think he had some sugar in the morn and with his metabolism burned it off in an instant.
The boy was also so tired...sleep over is a miss nomer they really don't sleep much ya know.
Steve and I took them for a privilege to the wal-mart to get a subway sandwich they have a $5 foot long. Well we more than got the money worth that girl made a sandwich of a hungry child's dreams.
Dash ate the whole thing!!!!!!
Dove Archer ate 3/4 of hers and chips too and they split a can of soda.
They are sleepy sluggish souls lazing about like every child in the world should have the opportunity to do every now and again.

I just found that cool feature to play with color
:)

7 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Donetta, it sounds like the perfect day. What a blessing. Hugs, Marty

Denise said...

Sounds like a great date night sweetie.

Annette said...

When I saw the pictures I went "Awwww, how sweet is that" is in it nice to be able to spend time with someone who you love with all your soul, and they too love you just the same!! I'm so thrilled you had your date, it's well deserved! I wonder what the workers at Harbor Freight thought when they saw this handsome couple walking in all dressed up? I'm sure watching the hens is a very relaxing thing, I love to sit and watch air planes fly by, I always wonder where they're going.
Love ya~
Annette

Talk..to..Grams said...

I am so glad to had a wonderful free evening!!
I didn't get your e- mail.....
I just looked at the top of your blog and it said it was 87 degrees where you live!!! It is 37 degrees here!! I finally turned on the heat this evening!! Hugs Grams

Corey~living and loving said...

sounds like you had a wonderful time. I am sooooooooooo very glad. :)

Amrita said...

Sounds like a nice family time

Logan said...

What an awesome date night!

See you in week after next. WOW! It's almost already here.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness