Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thankful Thrusday


It is now 9:30 p.m.

Wow!
Well 12 hours ago we were getting ourselves ready to run out the door.

My sweet MIlove and FILove watched the kids and I had an adventure to a distant part of the city to meet some of the most honorable women .
We all had a wonderful lunch together full of tales of the marvel of intervention and relation with and by a loving Creator.
It was so wonderful to be with all of you today.

Thank you Charlotte
I snatched these and the addresses I trust you would not mind.

Left to right is Debbie of Heart Choices, Mary at Piles of Smiles, Michele at Beelieve You Can, Sherry of Country Wings in Phoenix, Donetta of A Life Uncommon, and Marty of A Stroll Thru Life. Charlotte took this picture so is not in it. Marty took the picture below.
To the left is Charlotte of At Home in Scottsdale


The meeting was held in an area of town that caused me to pass by the first home my husband and I had ever shared.
This home we lived in from 1982-1986
This was my first safe home

I can still recall those trees and being on my knees planting daffodils as a young bride.
My I came home with many gifts
I only had wished that I would have followed the Goose (Holy Spirit) when I saw to bring some earrings to give but low my head managed to find it's way back to my pillow and a little of the book of Matthew took me back off into a sleep.
Dash awoke me very carefully setting down the Bible and asking for a Book mark.
I did not have one at hand to give him and he found a string and carefully placed it.

The sweet blue bag held my favorite vanilla candle I love that fragrance.
That was so generous and kind of you to think of all of us. She gifted us each with the bags a note card set and a sweet stamp.
Now that hat box has a tradition that Michele had started and I do believe that I will continue.
She used it for the gifts of raffle and tokens of offering kindnesses to hearts.
She no longer has the purpose for it so it will now follow the path it had set before. I believe it will have a special place.
The little book was what I chose from the hat box it as it was passed the table round.
Then at the end as it (the hat box) was all alone on the floor.
I pointed to her of it as for her not to forget it.
It was remembered in telling me the story then gifted to me to take home.
Thank you
I will remember you in it.
The thoughtfulness of a new friend.
The bookmark was provided at lunch.
Look at what she made for each of us.
So very Very thoughtful!
Thank you.
My head yet spins with all of your names it will come.
I know you by your hearts and your stories.


I fetched the children after a stop for the seed for garden planting. The spade there was $
So I passed.
My FILOve gave me HIS!
I have the spade I need now to continue!

My sweet MILove knowing my fondness for these knitted clothes set me along with two more.
Look at the beautiful color!

So After Steve and I sat for a meal of left over fair.
I took a picture and lit the candle only to have the three dollars that Dash earned from Granpa burn a whole in his pocket I took him to the drug store alone for a little one on one. I shared my concern of the consumerism with him. Asked him to think about not giving all his money to those who sell him stuff.

Then Dove had her turn.
She received a check from her Aunt and Uncle
Thank you T& L&H&A!
She was very happy.
I took her to a bank to cash it and she had a lesson in the need to prove who we are.
She got a movie yes of course the Jonas Brothers.

We are now a quiet house and Steve has retired.
It is now my turn to do the same the morning light comes all too soon.

What a wonderful life I live.
Thank you all for enriching my day with your presence and the full wealth of the company of honorable women.


6 comments:

Denise said...

Sounds like a wonderful day, so glad you got to meet those wonderful friends. I love you.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Donetta, I so enjoyed meeting you and what a wonderful day we had. All of the ladies are such lovely people and she precious souls. I so look forward to following your blog and checking in from time to time to see what you're up to. Thanks for a special day. Hugs, Marty

Michele Williams said...

I enjoyed finally meeting you yesterday! I love blogland.. we will be able to continue our friendship! Thank you so much for your prayers and encouragement.

Love and Hugs,

Michele

Charlotte said...

Hi Donetta,
Yes yesterday was something special. I enjoyed so much meeting and getting acquainted with you and the other ladies. I'll be looking forward to doing it again in the future.
Hugs and blessings,
Charlotte

Saleslady371 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Saleslady371 said...

Hey, Donetta!
Yesterday's luncheon meant the world to me at this time. Meeting you and the others was so special for me. Thank you for your keen perception. I felt uplifted since I left Phoenix and am feeling the strength of your intercession and your love.

Love this post and you documented the gifts so well. Great job.

Keep in touch,
Mary

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness