Tuesday, July 21, 2009

garden and bread with a loud scream added in.


Look at that Water!
At 5 a.m. it began to thunder and lightening striking hard
by 7 a.m. .55 or 1/2 inch of hard rain in my area
gotta get that tank hooked up!
It may rain again tonight

Little man got a rain by plucking the clothes lines over his head

Yes that is water!
eureka!


Filled the bird bath
this was the first good rain in some time.

Well after studying the layout I am just fickle but I am not liking that height
Even single height it is too hard to reach back to the wall.So I tried a couple of methods.

Dash was so happy with the soft straw underfoot.
He is having a hard time understanding why I am dismantling the garden.
Time is come to begin again. We still have one large watermelon and a small one, one large musk melon too. They will need to be harvested soon.
I have to remove all that straw to prep the right side bed.



My though here was to set the grape plants into these like a planter to keep the nitrogen levels at the appropriate levels.

I am in the market for a short handled spade.
It is to set this bed up for the squash summer/winter, cucumber pickling and slicing and tomato to the far right.

The trellis will need to be shifted to the east side wall for the next crop of beans.

This is not going to work for me I am going back to my original plan.
So often this happens and I prove an idea out and then often go back to it.
So where the grass is killed in the center lawn is where the bed is going.
That gives access to both sides and the lawn cut with a weed eater.
Steve pointed out in agreement and mentioned that the heat off the wall might prove harsh anyway.

Now watch out panda bear is on his way to Mars to hunt the polar end caps for water...:)
Look at that wasted space even if I did this It would be hard on my back to bend and reach to the wall.
I have decided one layer high will be much easier.

Even with this configuration I am just not happy.
I think I will go back to my center bed with access on both sides.
It was thought the mowing of the grass would be an issue yet either way we will need to pull the weed eater in there so It is back to the beginning plan.

Later an hour of that this morning spent me.

Missing the morning deadline I began the breads a bit late.

Dash came in the room and I pointed the dough out to him and said" look that dough is sure happy"
He said..."a little too happy if you ask me"

I got a kick out of him.

half whole wheat
three loaf and some sweet rolls

Hamburgers for the late lunch set for happy children.
The other loaf is the daily bread for the kids...it is a white loaf.

So I sit and relax a bit...
the kids watching a movie make for a moment of me time.

I tried a sweet roll with orange juice soaked raisins and walnuts with brown sugar and butter. So with all this tucked in I will be baking in a higher price time of use. With all my good efforts ...perfection will not be a demand upon me.

Dove you are a wonderful child.
She was so hoping to have her friend sleep over (not something I offer normally) but the sweet child with a loss of security had to go home with her tummy in knots.
We were dropping her off in an apartment complex and a huge pickup came barreling into the driveway...I screamed! I thought he was going to hit the car head on with the kids and I in it and the mother and other child just to the passenger side. I really startled myself I had been talking to the mother and then just looked over at that moment. I really frightening me.
I said to the mother...
"that scared the bee jee bee's out of me!"
She replied
"I know I just saw those little bee jee bees fly right out of you and twitter off in a hurry"
It really was sweet and well humored. Saved face. I really screamed loudly.

Me thinks a bit of the PTSD was lit up. I have had a headache all day and rather lethargic. It showed me I am still scared inside. That and that truck really just caught out of the corner of my eye with a headlight right in my face...was going WAY too fast.

It may rain again tonight.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Wow! That looks like it was a hard days work -- but a lot of fun at the same time. I'll bet you were exhausted!

Hope you're feeling a lot better these days. I had a lot of health issues the first part of summer and didn't do any blogging or internet surfing at all. It was so nice to come back and find your comment on my last post. Just wanted to stop in and say hello. And thank you!

{{hugs}}

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Denise said...

I love you, and I am praying for you.

Annette said...

I wish we'd get a good soak'en like that! but then if we did it would hurt our farmers crops so bad, don't seem like there's much crops left around, due to all the houses being built. Those cinnamon rolls look and sound DELICIOUS! You've been a busy gal in that garden, I hate it when I have one in my mind and go to do it and it's nothing like I visioned, try, try again, until we get like we want. Hope your feeling better today, and I'm sure some of your PTSD made you react like you did, but also being a momma and the love of children made you react too, us Mom's no matter how old our children are, we still try with all of our might to protect them and other children as well. Thank you for you comment, after reading it, I realized you ARE right, I did do allot, more than I realize, for her and myself.
I LOVE YOU DONETTA~
Love & Hugs~
Annette

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness