Thursday, July 16, 2009

Morning Baking and Parenting

Good Morning!
Wow it is now 10:30 time to rest a moment and catch my breadth before the next big round of a board game and an oven switch.

As you may well be aware of my self restricted electric use before 1: P.M.
Today was the big bake day for the week.
Many things to prepare...
All the meat was grilled last night now for the carbs.
Morning loaf and Steve's breakfast cookies.
That is the flax on the top of the green measuring cup

Well I creamed the butter and sugar well while I was kneading the dough for the daily loaf
This loaf would have served me well to have prepared last night alas my darling had Corn chips and salsa in his lunch for the day...He and I agreed that the idea of baking was just out of the question. Grilling last night just took all the energy and spent it fast. Think a grill...115*?+ two large London broils, 6 chicken thighs and two big dogs wanting back outside...imagine the dogs wanting OUTSIDE for a change:)

Dough on the rise and cookies on the tray.
This cookie method will set you ahead at the oven.
Prep first then at the oven it will be a quick job of get that oven off asap!


Lesson here
At this point the little guy needed my time and so ....
Monopoly again :) it was a lot of good eye contact.
Fun little soul...he had a "slow motion pass the dice to mom" it was sweet...
However I won and he had a real issue over it...
lets say a fit!
After "thank God" a bit of patient (see the thankful Thursday post) understanding
and correction...the fit was over the fact that the game was over too soon.
He had chosen the Monopoly game so that the time with me would not end!
WOW what a little smart guy...


So alas while the fit commenced I got the cooling racks out for the cookies and got them in the oven. Punched down the loaf and set it to second rise.

So Dash said...
"Mom don't you want to give it a blanket"?


So well the cookies bake the bread was tucked into the vent of the stove heat.
Make use of what you have.
My eye aways sees life this way.
Even as a kid my eye would make the pleasure of waisting nothing and taking full all of what everything had to offer.

So too is my heart in parenting. The greatest regret for me is the failure to do so due to stress and exhaustion. These first few years of parenting have been very demanding ones for me and I wish I were better equipped, I know I have done the best I was able to do for the most part I just wish I would have been calmer and less frustrated and gotten angry less.

All I can do is effort to improve and rest at night as to be better equipped with patience.
So as he calmed and a peace was gifted to us as understanding was gained I suggested another game. Asked him to set it up because "I enjoy being with you, especially when your a good sport. Thank you for sharing your feelings with me that did not want to stop being together".

So happily he stomped around in his daddy's boots
Now Dove was yet asleep
that darling she is growing SO FAST!
I think it wise to let her rest well...she feels so much better too.
It is a good thing to give her body time to grow and time to renew her strength.
Think of it those bones and flesh knitting and forming mass...inches up and arms out.

keeping Dash quiet means constant attention while she sleeps or she won't get to sleep for he will do everything he is able to have one of us attending him constantly.
I am doing my best to address the security phase I think it is the root of it.
He feels safe with attention.
It also helps him feel affiliated so I am using a lot of you belong language and statements to affirm him. Takes so focus to understanding as not to re-act to it in frustration.


He is growing into his Daddy's shoes in so many ways.


So deep breadth and game number two...
Now by this time Dove is with us wanting to rest and watch qubo kids TV that is really pretty quality better than channel 8 (public) and it is MUCH better than the paid TV of the Disney channel. So I allow it so she can be alone a few moments....oh oh oh how I do understand her needing a few alone moments in the morning...:)

these are mine.


Nick Jonas Birthday Cake
Heart shape chosen by dove and the sugar/flower dusted the olive oiled pan.
Used my hands to oil then rub the olive oil right into your hands...Good stuff.
Hands soft and nothing waisted :)

So Dove supplied me with the image lets see me pull this one off for Saturday.
Dove 12 years old!

Cake out of the oven Daily Loaf of Bread right in...
also the butternut squash in...
baked in the little water in the bottom

Steaming oven for the soft rise of the bread.
Makes a nice slicing loaf..

Nothing w......that's right!

I needed to set boundary with Dash for some me time...

A few moments ago he came up to me and embraced me...I stood there and could just feel the flow of healing into him. I could just feel it.
He did not pull away he stood there a few moments and then without pulling away he said
"you can let go now"...
I let go of him , not the other way around.
He let me let go...
I hope somebody else can see it.


tip

when your baking day uses eggs
fill a bowl with water and rub the inside of the shell clean
dry and grind in a food grinder or roll with a rolling pin once bagged into a plastic bag.

Now add this to the soil of your tomato plants or give to your chickens for strong egg shells.

Well It is 11:30
Time to draw the heart of a little boy into a game of
YES YOU MATTER
:)

OH! that boy is a challenge!
He will not stop getting into my face and interrupting me every 5 minutes it is very hard. Deep breadth.
I was almost done and he just kept interjecting and I got frustrated.
I set boundary calmly repeated several times...

Now he is so jealous of Doves birthday
I was proud of him coming to me with words to say so...
The fact that neither one of us is giving him our full attention right now and here I go almost losing it with him again.
Please pray for me I am trying to meet his needs and to teach him how to not have to have constant attention and to deal with those hard feelings of character growth.
Character is a very hard thing to grow into.
ARG!

deep breadth!
God is making and will make me able to be patient and TEACH not re-act!
The best career so challenging with the greatest of benefits
:)
I love this job!
Just really want to do well at it.
Thinking I was making progress when Dash suggested with kindness
"mom why don't you go rest It's ok"
This after Dove came to my defence and said mom you need to rest if we are going swimming at 1p.m.....
Father help me
I will go nap a few minutes and then suit up.
Shut the house off and go play with the children an hour or so in the sun
:)
:(
I at least the water is wet...
the pools have become like a warm bath here.

3 comments:

Photo Princess said...

Do you find Dove is needing more sleep these days? Been there done that :) These pre-teen/teen years they need so much more sleep as they are growing. My little guy is usually up way earlier than my daughter. I'm glad Jr. High doesn't start until just after 9AM that is so good for this age. Have a nice day dear friend!

Corey~living and loving said...

I always enjoy reading your thoughtful parenting. :) I hope that you are successful in keeping your patience. Sugar is demanding much more attention these days as well. It is hard and fulfulling work though.

Denise said...

You are such a loving, wonderful parent. I love your creativity.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness