Sunday, June 21, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


Good Morning!

Well it is the last week of June already.
Last week I spontaneously added a note to myself on the master grocery shopping list.
see image
Remember to ask specifically for your every need.
Dependence is a good thing in that relationship. :)

This morning the harvest was ready for the Butternut squash that helped itself to grow in the garden.
I did not plant this fellow...
Best guess is the compost.


3 1/2 pounds!
There is tree more in the cue growing into a fine meal for us.
Now butternut is one of my favorite...
cut the squash in half length wise.
Scoop out the seeds (toss them in the compost ya never know hahah).
Perhaps I will save these intentionally to replant later.
Lay them flat in a small amount of water and bake for one hour
Add some brown sugar, or maple syrup perhaps some mace or nutmeg.
Oh man it is really living!

Well It has been a very expensive month for us.
What with tires, a ticket and a retreat so many other little and big hits that we felt we were totally over budget.
I have worked so very hard on the grocery and other expenses to keep to a minimum.
Well to our amazement we kept within our self imposed goals.

So at the end of it all we see we sill be able to do the things we desired and with the 73. left I headed off to the grocery with a hand full of coupons and the work on the lead in adds I did during the week.

Look at that receipt!
My budget was $73.!
Dash wanted to come with me and so I had a bit of a distraction added in.
He was very sweet and good.
Just very VERY talkative.

We got everything we needed and had the coupons for.

Total spent $73.76

Total savings! $95.67


big hug from husband!

Like I said we got every thing we needed!

We are well covered till the first and will be able to keep to goal.
Keeping track of every dollar both coming in and going out is awesome!
We have so much peace.
Our overtime stopped this month.
This too is a blessing for Dash has a visit down at St Joe's Children's the second week of July.
By that time we will be off it for two pay checks of 80 hours each.
We will then be easily able to qualify once again for the 0% out of pocket coverage.
Now we are at 100% out of pocket because we worked so much overtime to pay off the $14,000. in medical copay's last year. We did it we paid it all off no debt.
Do you see it?

Provision and all I have need of his hand has provided.
The loss of overtime was a big hit and yet we made it.
We will now be able to qualify!

Even to the dollar!
Cool
By the way I was not counting the amount because I was interacting with Dash too.

The kitchen freezer became my baking storage near the baking center.
I used to keep it in the outside freezer (it keeps fresher) .
Now it is right there where I can see the flours I have.


Rye, millet, corn meal, amaranth,soy, flax and so on.
This will make baking much easier and now that I am baking every other day that will be nice.

4 comments:

Annette said...

Isn't it just awesome when Gods calculator helps us out, he knows when his children need a little assistance! Hope your day was wonderful. Love ya bunches
Hugs~
Annette
p.s.
I like to eat my butter nut squash the very same way, Mmmmmmm good stuff!

Susie said...

Wow! Awesome savings! It's so awesome when you save more than you spend:-)

Aunt Angie said...

I love to see God in action...and that is a daily occurrence!

What a blessing!!! I am shouting PRAISES to HIM!

Denise said...

Awesome.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness