Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Camping on the Rim Arizona part one

We pulled up into the high country mid day Thursday.
There had been a lightning strike fire being managed so we were unable to camp to the right of the rim road 300.
All spots had been closed access except the left side only.
So we drove way up onto the rim.
Look at that view.
Some years back a bad fire opened up this view.
This above Payson in Arizona
Well we finally had to turn around and found a spot not so much to our liking.
Then a fellow from this camp came walking into our camp.
He showed us a spot in far from the dusty road.
Well I walked it while Daddy Man with the kids drove the rig down the road to the head of the access road.
The fellow approached us said "hi! My name is Earl"
Such a sweet guy.
As I walked the road alone I heard that the spirit said that earl had a gift for us.
Smiling I said "oh Ya...what's that Lord"
"kindness" was the reply.


So this is the awesome sight he showed us.

Long meadows on each side of us.
We were way off the main road and only hikers and folks on ATV used the road near us.
Even that was some distance from our camp.

We set up and walked up to Earls camp and gave him and his wife a tomato.
I left it on a table for them for the RV had a big screen TV in it YES>>>it was like a house!
Amrita you must just be stunned!
We were.
There was a wood pecker not to afraid of us on the tree.
Click on the image to enlarge.


He was so tame.
I stood and watched him till the kids were to board with such things

By night fall we were all set up with the cabin ready.

It was cool that first night due to gusts

Having that Chevy was a dream of ease.
So nice to just secure the things under the cover.

Next morning the kids hungry and cold had a huge breakfast.
I fried 2 pounds of bacon and never burned a one.
The kids noticed.
Well that is due to no distractions.
Eggs from home, cracked and jarred.


a little onion powder in the eggs and they taste like heaven on a cold day.
We had BLT bacon, tomato and turkey for lunch. No lettuce was left in the garden.

While I washed up
Daddy man gave free frequent flier flights to the kids.
They are getting bigger.

too fun!

Me too me too cried Dove...
Can you here the Daddy Mans back say yikes!

Oh my this dude really loves his kids!

weeee

zoom zoom she is straight as a board!

now the bombardier gets a second turn before bad old mom said
Daddy Man that's enough on your shoulder...:)

so much fun for them
They all then went for a daddy time hike.
No mom allowed.
Daddy time


So I set up in the warm sun and set to enjoying the bright light.
Beading was so nice in this light.


now just look at that sky

I have a friend who had her birthday last weekend so I was thinking of her and worked on finishing her gift.

It is a beaded brooch pad or pin cushion
The family returned hungry.
That was the call of the four days there for me.
Mom I'm Hungry!


they had so much fun in a fort they made and in climbing the tree just outside the window of the cabin. (trailer) :)

Well they played all day.
We closed the evening out with a game of Armor of God.
It was pretty dark with only a small light.

My sweet heart and I shared a hot cup of homemade loose lief tea then settled in for some much deserved rest.

Saturday and Sunday are another post.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Sons heavenly my friend, love you.

Annette said...

Gosh, looks like fun was had by all...SO.......did you make smoors? Something about bacon when your camping, just taste GREAT, uh? I'm glad your home and that a good time was had by all. I'm dashing over to your other post "Bee bliss gardens"
Hugs~
Annette

Amrita said...

nice trip that was

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness