Monday, June 1, 2009

Menu Plan Monday



The kids love Chicken kabobs
Soak the wooden bamboo skiers so they do not catch fire.
Just slice the meat into long strips and accordion it onto the stick.
Some times into bites with veggies from the garden (and or store)
It is a family favorite!
A cold pasta salad is just the thing here in our hot summer.
Veggies from the garden will accent it and frozen peas.

Starting the day off with all clean dishes.
The way of Good Monday Morning!
Thank you my Darling for the extra help.

Setting all the plastic ware together and stowing it away.
This left after the big family project Sunday.

When the rain tank was purchased the fellow sold these to me.
$8. each four of them were obtained to store my bulk goods.
Baking and cooking from scratch calls for the basic ingredient to be purchased in a bulk form.
Flour (ground), beans, soy bean (eventually) to make our soy milk and sugar

The garden yields its produce to take in to considerations for the weeks menu.

We have been keeping up on a clean kitchen.
This the week begins with wind behind me.

The family task...
As I lay in my repose Sunday Morn I thought of the day and those things to be tended and those hearts to be taught.
I saw this and walked into teaching the children.
Dove and Dash emptied the refer and then we separated the left overs into those things that were waisted. We all took good look at them and spoke about the cost to our budget of those items.
Left pause for thought.
Then the kids learned how to rinse a cloth and to dip it into soapy water and wring it. That a challenge for kids.
They washed down the inside as I sorted and washed fruit.
They emptied the drawers and learned about the use of water as the best solvent.
They were impressed at how much easier it was to scrub after it soaked a bit.
"cool" said Dash


The pride found in this task showed on the face.
They then brain stormed how much more efficiently we could reload the goods.
Showing them that those things we use a lot could be placed in a way as to not have the door opened all the way.
They identified the source of the cold air as electricity.
Gathered that we paid for that electricity and then the lights in the little minds went on!
It was so cool!

The spills they cleaned up were
"gross"... to quote a Dove
Now they understood a bit better the consequences that I have shielded them from. You could just see it on the face.
Now they are tending to the details after themselves a bit more consciously.


Dove said
"mom , lets have a left over night"
So now they also understand how doing this every week keeps us safe from things growing.
Funny those things... as Dash noted
"bacteria?" yep said I that's right.

I am so glad that I did not just think it was going to be a battle. They really had a good attitude. Dove wanted to do the meats herself. I taught them the dial on the drawer about the chill factor.
Now this is a strange thing to do yes.
This is home school to the base.
You see as I told them few kids are even taught how to tend to their homes and to the foods that they eat.
We have often had those around us get food poisoning.
Now the kids have a better understanding of how to keep themselves safer from food born illnesses.
Thank you kids for your good work.
We are a good team.

2 comments:

Annette said...

I love kabobs, we haven't had them in awhile, hmmmmm, now that my husband got his fathers day gift early maybe we can do them. I love the picture of the 2 little angels working together, I haven't had that sometime now, now that they are teenagers, and I love the peace sign one, they look so proud of their accomplishment. What kind of green beans are those? they look yummy...you take such pride in your family and I love that.
Hugs always~
Annette

Denise said...

I love your menus, and how organized you are.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness