Monday, March 30, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today...

Outside my window... perfect weather 70* high today, and it is clear and calm. The morning loads of laundry hang on the line. The cluck of the chickens add to the songs of the birds so longing for me to fill the feeders. The dogs lay in the cool shade and chew the new nylabones I got them with a coupon over the weekend. The occasional wine of the Lab for they have once again been banished to the terrible out doors:) One of them peed on the wood floor thus ruining several documents that were in a cloth bag near the "pool". I need a break from sweeping up fur. The patio door is opened and they enjoy my voice as I calm them.

I am thinking... Wow this lunch is spicy! I pan fried a Yukon gold potato diced with green onion from the garden, an egg from the hen steamed on top of it. To that I added a medicinal blend of turmeric and Cayenne peeper for inflammation. It is good for this hard working woman. I think it is so loving that today I stopped to see the need of my body, and tended to it naturally.

From the learning rooms... Well...several studies of late. A book on "getting stronger" I desire to regain some flexibility. The book "Passages" to reflect on my adult development as this passage of 50 is coming upon me. It is a great reference to gain understanding in relation to others as well as the self. The book of John in the Bible. There are google searches on going about trellis building and plant requirements. Having an emerging pre teen daughter there is also a need and desire to study the developmental passages that she is going through.

I am thankful for...Hanging laundry on the line this morning. My Dear FILove is in the passage of his body saying to slow himself. The humility and dignity he examples is humbling. It has left me reflective of the grateful privilege of physical labor and the joy found therein.


From the kitchen... A trip to market within the hour to gain scrap for the hens from the green grocer. At that store I will purchase 4 more whole chickens to cut up and freeze BBQ and boil down for stock. The coffee (whole bean) is needing to be ground (bi-monthly) . Dishes are almost caught up. Dishwasher has run and is air drying.

I am wearing... denim skirt, blue 3/4 sleeved top and white terry cloth slippers with rubber soles to protect and take better care of my beautiful feet. This an issue of loving myself.
Oh yes! also a swede light brown beret hat.
The buss stop this morning called for a fast disguise :)
A hair under the hat kind of day.

I am reading... above books, and recipe cards in file and the booklet to finish up the last of the state taxes. I know it has been a very very busy season. I am all but done.

I am hoping... Mercy on my new "Black Russian" Tomato plant it is struggling after transplant. Hoping for my Dove to balance well her integrety while sticking up for the underdog not to make enemies. I love that she "don't care...what they think Mom"...!!

I am creating... some pay it forward and gifts of thanksgiving. Fun fun :)
It got me to clean up the beading desk! Great motivation.


I am hearing... Birds wild and chicken. silence as the hum of the computer is the loudest sound at the moment.
A call to attend to the market and the goals therein.

Around the house...Washer stopped time to hang out that load, and to begin another before I leave.

One of my favorite things... To hold a cool cotton garment to my face as I hang the item on the line, it smells and feels to wonderful.

A few plans for the rest of the week... My desire is to stay home as much as I am able to. Tomorrow Bible study and a make up "Art Maser" presentation. On Wednesday to serve in Doves class for two hours then to go to "Moms in Touch" at 1:30.Tending to home and garden, food preparations and laundry. Making my home more pleasing. Tending to the sewing studio and doing crafts. Slowing down to care for my body and spirit. Releasing lady bugs this evening at dusk and tying out some Praying Mantis cocoons. I also have red wiggler worms to make a compost or add to the compost or soil...yet to be determined.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Oh LIFE!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Such a wonderful daybook.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness