Monday, February 16, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook


join us here

For Today...

Outside my window...Afternoon sun is easing to the west, wisps of clouds accent the beautiful mild temperatures. The chickens have roosted for the day. A gentle breeze is swinging the bird feeders at the window beside me. A very large choc Lab is pining the company of his family.

I am thinking... About the many things I was able to accomplish today and how very tired my body is. I am so satisfied in my labors

From the learning rooms... delphinium need to be pre chilled for best germination. So I will tend to them at a rested point. They then need to be set in a bag in the potting mix for a few weeks. Carrot seeds do best when soaked for 12 hours. Peas love to be soaked for 24 hours.
I experimented with the bread dough. I put a little sugar in with the yeast and water. Wow what a nice rise My bread is beautiful. Undergoing final rise before baking. I have learned to let it sit over night. It slices so beautifully in the morning. Just ready to make the lunches.

I am thankful for... For the presence of my best friend, the lover of my soul. I have walked intimately with my Abba Father God all day. He awoke me with a love song. He delights in the "reflection of the love that is in my eye". I had a very cathartic cry this morning. This afternoon Steve, and I belly laughed so hard that my back hurt! I feel. Today I am not numb. I am thankful that Abba reached through my hurt into my heart today.

From the kitchen... Oh Mercy! Strawberry cordial, strawberry Jam, roasted garlic and potato, Olive oil infused with thyme, marjoram, garlic and sage. Also 4 loafs of bread rising in the oven. I made spaghetti sauce for the week and the re fried bean as well. The meats for the first of the week are thawing. Three large heads of garlic have also been roasted for the menu this week.The menu is finished.

I am wearing... Jeans with earth on them, a beautiful red top that is my very favorite top. It has crystal buttons. I look really good in it!

I am reading... I will be reviewing the four master for tomorrows presentations. I will be doing the presentation to 4 classes of around 28 students. 1st ,2ND and 4Th grade levels. I have also been studying the requirements for seeds and germination. The nest thing I wish to gain more knowledge of is the companion planting of a garden as a natural pest deterrent.

I am hoping...To do a good job. Wednesday I have a job. A two hour survey about carpet cleaners it will pay $65. for 1 1/2 hours work. It is an answer to prayer for the desire to aide the budget. We made a little mistake this month and need to correct it. This will really help.
I am hoping and trying to stretch our dollar to a good yield.

I am creating... Fabric coverlets for jars , out of my Mothers towel that I inherited.
Labels for the row markers in the garden.
A bracelet that a friend asked me to re make for her. It is an old bracelet that meant a lot to her. I am going to redesign,string and put a clasp on it. Also a good compost, sounds strange perhaps , but I want to create my own dirt for the garden. It is my effort to become as self sufficient and independent as possible.

I am hearing...My husband and the children's voices as they play a computer game in the other room. There is a jet overhead.

Around the house... Loads of laundry to be sorted, a living room to tend to after the kids have had it for three days. The bread counter needs to be cleaned. Floors to sweep and wash. Carpet to be vacuumed and cleaned in the master bathroom. Piles of fabric and patterns set together in piles to complete the projects. Correspondence to finish. The lead in adds to review. Taxes to consider too. There are 65 beautiful lemons that a sweet neighbor gave to us today, I gifted her with a freshly made jar of strawberry jam.

One of my favorite things... Being soft hearted.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Art Master presentations on Tue., Wednesday I have to go to the city with Dash and see the ENT to find out if Dash may need surgery he will also get new ear molds for the aides. I will have to re qualify and will not qualify for zero out of pocket because we have had to work on overtime wages to get by right now. So it will be 100 % out of pocket after they bill our Insurance. Then I will take him back to school and work in Doves class with the learning impaired kids. Then we will have a 4 p.m. meeting at the house with our financial advisor. At 7:p.m. I will be off to do the consumer interview for the fieldwork phoenix.
Thursday is mine!
Friday is mine!
Saturday is a big play date for the "club" members. That is the kids who are all apart of the tree house dream. Steve may go on a hike with a friend. I will have the pleasure of hanging out with one of the moms. She and I so seldom get to be together.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
First rise
This will be for four loaves
That is some HAPPY YEAST!
I tried something. While the yeast was in the warm water and I was mixing the other ingredients I added a teaspoon of sugar to my yeast. I hope it works>
:)

2 comments:

Denise said...

That shirt is gorgeous my friend, you look great.

Annette said...

WOW!! how do you do it? just reading things you do makes me tired, I wish I could so much of what you do, espicalley make bread, and not from a bread machine, I admire you for all that you do...what a wonderful person you are, and you know what? You look so very, very pretty in that red blouse, and I can finally put a face to the name and you are such a pretty lady, God did good!
Hugs to you
Annette

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness