Monday, February 16, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


orgjunkiempm1


In the blender I made spaghetti sauce with herbs
Italian seasons
clove
cinnamon,
crushed tomato and onions (dried).
It will mull for a few days for flavor.

In the blender
3 cans of pinto (drain and rinse the beans well)
4 tbsp of melted butter (in the micro)
1- 8 oz can tomato sauce
1/3 c taco sauce
cumin
cayenne
and a bit of water.
This is a staple at my house it is made every week.
As is rice to go with it, made out of whatever broth at hand to make a rich flavored mix.

Bread for the lunches...


I left this to rise and went out to plant the peas and carrot seeds that soaked overnight.
Steve sent Dash out to tell me my dough was huge!




first rise!

set the four loafs

It came out of the oven just as I was heating a sliced chicken and the roasted garlic and potato done earlier today.
These are so good!
My big 10 pound bag had a few bad spuds, very upsetting!
So I went through them to confirm them decided to roast up half of them with a whole lot of garlic in olive oil.


These little gems...
pop the garlic out and it is the perfect spread.
The garlic mellows and gets a nutty taste.
An old man who was my neighbor in our former home, taught me this.
He was a Italian Immigrant first generation.
What a garden he had in his yard.
A simple yard but not a corner un planted with foods.

I sliced up the bread and put it in a rubber maid keeper instead of a plastic bag.
Home baked bread is tender. I find it broken often in a baggie when the kids get into it. this will keep it better.


3 comments:

Denise said...

Yummy, now I am hungry. My cramp is gone, woo hoo.

Susie said...

Wow! You do everything the good olde fashion way! Less chemicals that way. I love the cinnamon in the tomato sauce!! I am going to try that:-)

Anonymous said...

Yummy! I never considered making sauce in the blender. What a great idea! I agree, you're doing things the old fashioned way and I know your family is blessed because of it.

Have a happy day!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness