Friday, October 17, 2008

Gleaning the grocery store.

Hello, Good Day to all of you!
there is an old saying "kill them with kindness"
Well yesterday in my anger about the melon vine , I found myself cleaning Doves room.
I had the melon vine at the table how it was around the vase roses.
When the children were in a few moments I asked mine to come to the table once there, I sat silent.
They wondered why they were to sit, Dove asked if I was sick.
After a few silent naturally emotionless moments ...I asked them if they had anything to tell me.
Dismayed it took them some time to catch on. Pointing to the vine helped.
They shared they did not want anything to spoil my (our) morning and Dove owned the fact that it was her idea. I asked them if my anger was that scary? They said yes it was. Lots of food for thought about my own behavior course change.

Busy day today.
I got groceries and then went to the school to take Dash some soy ice dream for his class party. They were having root beer floats.
Dove won honors of her art work being chosen for the wall at the school.
Grandma Look at your talented bedding artist. That composition is amazing for a 4th grader (even if I do say so my self).

I was so happy for her Esteem is flourishing like a flower!

That's my kid!
Personally I am impressed at her composition and dimension.
Look at the depth in the back ground green and the foreground with the lighter tone.
The creature looks like he is sitting on a limb and awaiting a treat.

I just got off the phone with the Vice President of the PTA.
(It happens that she was the sweet woman who covered me yesterday when I left the kids in the art room when Mrs. "T" was still doing her conference.)
She was surprised when she realized it was me. She was happy to have me. Some of the ideas I have pleased her. I will bring my own easel to show the posters on, as to intrigue the kids more than it just being clipped up on the white board.

She has asked me to be one of the Art Master Piece instructors for the Elementary School.
I have a good friend ( Hi Trisha) who serve in this volunteer capacity in the East Valley and she has told me a lot about it. I signed a sheet saying I was interested at the first of the year.
I will begin my three part training class on 10-23.
I will be assigned to my kids two class rooms for the first year. If I am interested in the position next year I will be picking up more classes. It is a 15-20 minute (twice monthly) presentation of art, the classics, to expose kids to the beauty and wonder.

I gleened the box of scrap for the chickens that the produce man gave me.
I found all this in it. The cost of these items alone is well over $5.
Kind is'nt he?
I have been thinking of myself as an old Character in a Book.
Her name was Ruth.

She married a guy who died and so did her brother in law. She stayed with her mother in law. She had moved to her part of the globe and just decided that she would stick with her and not re-marry.
What a friend.
Well this Ruth would go out into the nearby fields and follow the pickers.
The guy who owned the land saw her and had heard about her from the neighborhood gossip.

He thought it so cool, how she took care of the widowed mother in law. She was young enough to marry again but the two widows just hung out togeather.
Ruth took it upon herself to risk life and limb to grab the fallen food off the ground. Of course she would'nt think of pushing her luck by acually taking the good stuff of the crop itself. The owner told the crew to bug off, and leave her alone To be a little sloppy as to leave her a little extra of the good stuff on the ground. She gleened all day in the heat just so the two widows could have enough to eat.

Well that land owner eventually made a wife of her and gave her a lot of honor
for her heart was good.
She kept herself and her friend alive during some pretty hard times.


Well I been thinking about how I do that...I glean. It is hard times , but I have gleaned most my life. Grateful for what falls my way. Content in it seeing that there is so often a little extra laying there to stock up the pantry.
Gleaning the grocery store is now a pleasant art form of worship for me.
Today I came home with well over $600. worth of goods for $363.06
Gleaning the shelves (Fry's has some case goods sale on staples).
I have been hankering for some coleslaw again.
I saw the pre-sheaded and thought ...no ,I'll just shread my own and save the dollar.

I walked a few more steps...Organic dated 10-16-08...Four bags of shreaded coleslaw veggies normally 3.99 a bag $1.69 (Just left for me on the field, it was even in the Air Conditioned store).

It is hard times now.
So be a good friend and go out a gleaning. Be grateful for what falls. See the wonder in it. The character you practice will not go un-noticed.

Just think of my produce guy.
I grow chickens and keep vigilant, and he notices.
Like Ruth... I have favor because I am grateful.
Lets all practice a little more gratitude.
Love Ya!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Wow, please tell Dove that her art work is very beautiful. I am so proud of her.

Photo Princess said...

That is BEAUTIFUL Dove!!!!!!! I love it, awesome work!
Donetta, I think you will really enjoy your Art Masterpiece training. The ladies that lead it were awesome last year (when I did mine) I LOVE art & art history, I have my son's class this year. I look forward to our sharing info. with each other and talking about Art History more.... You'll be awesome at it!

Denise said...

Ruth is my MOST favorite woman in the word of God (except the Samaritan Woman) When I see Ruth I see a tall slender woman with beautiful features and a quiet spirit with water that run deep.. I see her as so faithful and teachable.. I have prayed many times to give me the humble spirit that I have seen in Ruth.......

beautiful blog girl ! and Tell Dove the pic is great !!!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness