Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Origins of life and leisure


Cotton before flower, with stem base (very sharp) and cotton with the seed still in it.
Fabric, in the begining.

Green Beans are flowers first.
Funny thought from beauty comes sustenance and health.

Woo Hoo A carrot!

With all this good food healthy teeth are growing .
"Look Mom another loose one".

I weeded...Now how do you say that single tense.

The Peas are sad.
I learned I should have soaked the seeds before planting.


My lettuce crop :)

I let the Ladies eat up the vines and melons.

It is a wonder a little water a lot of life.

Ladies in the morning sun.
Feed them...they will feed us.
That is the hope anyway.

Of late I have found myself fascinated with seeds.
This Honey Dew melon (a sweet tender fleshed fruit) Has the most amazing seed row.
I simply turned it over and was able to simply harvest the seed to plant.
I was thinking that these folks try so hard to make a melon that will make them money.
The life is in the seed. If I go buy seed at the store I will be paying them double.
Perhaps with this melon, using it's seeds,I may be able to reproduce it's quality.
Look at the seeds of the foods you eat they are so beautiful!

This is broccoli slaw. At the grocer , with a hankering for slaw...I thought to buy the ingredients and make it from scratch. Well I put the cabbage back when I saw the bags of organic broccoli slaw mix at a managers special for .99 apposed to $4.00a bag grabbing several bags I was able to make enough to add to the feast I took over to the Grand Parents on Sunday.
The dressing
Mao
rice vinegar

in the motor and pistil I added sea salt and celery seed.
Seed seed seed....
so beautiful!


I gave dash a long cooking lesson and made a feast together with him.
He finished of the dishes.


Boiling eggs 24 of them (the grocier had $5.00 dozon eggs for 2.29 on special.)
Heads up ...with range free eggs you can wait along time after date (up to two weeks) You see te eggs are much better to use for hard boiled eggs then. Eggs breath, the shell is porus with a membrain that protects the chick from air leaking out. When the egg is not furtile the air leaks out and so when they are a bit older egg the eggs do not crack when boiled for there is little air in them. So when you see eggs at date for reduced price buy a couple extra dozon and make egg salad and devel eggs.
Cool Trick!
place eggs in cool water and then boil for 10 minutes, emediatly remove into an ice water bath with BAKING SODA in it.
Now crack each end a little. Get under the membrain , now hold the egg in fist and blow a little . This removes the membrain and the egg will peel flawlessly.

Have you ever stoped and thought about the origins of the foods you eat?
A big part of the cooking lesson that I gave Dash was about this.
Now concider what was used to add to the main ingrediant can you figure it out?
Balance is key to food preperations. A balance of flavors, sweet,salty, spicy, bitter.
A balance of color is very important as is texture.

Dash discovered how to make mustard by investigatin.
Learn these things and you will know that the basic ingrediants to keep on hand will give you the power to make it for yourself with better core ingrediants and less expence.
Understanding is the begining of knowledge. Practicing that knowledge is the begining of wisom.
Think about it.
I gotta run Bible study and full day.
I am well I'll post more later just ran out of time.
I have been trying to get this post out all weekend.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Everything looks wonderful.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness