Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A way over yonder...

Way over yonder
There a place that I know
where I can find shelter
from all suffering and woe
Now I know that when I get there

The first thing I'll see
Is the son shining golden
Shining right down on me.

And the sweet tasting good life
is so easily found
and I'll stand up proudly
with true peace of mind.
Carol King


Rise and shine!
This was the first thing to come into my song this day. Yesterday I was dancing in the living room taking pure delight in Him and in the provision of my books back. I so missed having all my books in boxes.


When I was a little girl my step dad would not allow me to touch his books or book case. I would get cussed out pretty bad if I got caught.
I love having lots of books to touch and read through. Most of them are all reference books about this world we live in and the life that is on it.

I have mostly all reference volumes.

I also have two books that I have written. However those were some time back let go of. I am a writer. Yet I thought that perhaps that just might be a bad thing to be. For there is a huge risk in it and there are so many confusing messages about being an author. I wrote a novel a few years ago with a dear friend. I thought that perhaps I was just trying on a suit (of writer) like playing a role. When I heard so much negativity from so many judgmental folks (regarding other writers) that I cowered away.

Writing is a very vulnerable craft. It is also one that takes such great responsibility. It is sorta like being a teacher in that it should not be taken lightly.
Yesterday holding and touching my lovely books I woke up. I saw my manuscript and the forgotten story within it and I sang like a lone song bird on a mountain top looking to find one to sing with. I had such a one and then thinking I had not the right or e the desire to follow that dream I bolted. So sorry to her my dear friend . She published, and became so consumed, that the struggle she then encountered with the mews frightened me away into other pursues. I do not want the torment of "writer" and thought perhaps it would be inevitable if I continued. Fear caused me to bolt and to dis-allow the flow. The duty of tending to the housekeeping of the story was a big task too. I have never read many novels .My heart has always been for the reference volumes.

For me to be a novelist...well, I did not feel worthy.
I did not want to take away the glory of another. I did not want to be ashamed of doing it wrong. I got the notion that being a writer would be looked down on spoken down on and demised. So rather than that I simply let go of it. Yesterday however it reached out to me. Silently from the dusty shelf and the dog eared page and invited me home for a feast.


Saying come bring home all your dirty laundry and all your wows, joys thoughts and experiences. Come home and rest a while, return to me for I am a friend.
How a task can become of a thing of passion...call it editing. Editing is a task master that suffers so many writers. I did not want to endure the pains of it. It is not really worth it... I justified. I can not really call myself a writer. I tried on the suit and did not enjoy the fit at that editing stage. So I took it off put it first on the shelf ,...then packed it away with the moth balls of hope that some day it may fit me better. Some garments need alterations or they will never fit. I suppose that is where the editor comes in.
Well I am dusting off the suit and reclaiming its value. If anyone can,... by taking it in at the seams, or let it out to fit better....well may it me me.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I love to write too sweet sis. I am really considering writing some childrens books.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness