Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tackle It Tuesday





Such a full day today.
I have so many things I want to do.
My husband if off with his lunch in hand.
The children are yet asleep.( that was then)
They will have a privilege to eat lunch at school today ( I normally make it) this is a treat for them.It also reminds them how good home foods are, funny but that is often the outcome. Dove will come home and say "yuk" mom, I'd rather have your food. I just love that! HA!
There is the master bedroom linens
Laundry to put away in the heat of the day.
My jewelry to unpack. Now remember I make this stuff.

the box of self care items to unpack.
I really missed this stuff.
I have the living room shelves now and want to unpack my beautiful long missed books really like the new placement

In the garden I have the coop to finish painting.

The dogs scared them upstairs

I need to clean it out. These are the girls. Mable is black and white, I really think she will be my best laying hen.
We delayed the re location a bit too long.
The straw bail process to begin.

I have to water the bails thoroughly for three days,
as well as the compost and it needs to be turned.

I soaked them and raked the grass up and cleaned up.

After

the compost is turned, watered and gated (of sorts)
Bird feeders to be filled and the porch has to be cleaned up. Funny how the messes are just left for the mess fairy to clean up.
Before

Have you ever noticed that

before

before, poor things.
My chair is on the other side of the window. I am so enjoying the dove , sparrow and tanagers. I have had a few thrashers and a red crested wood pecker was on the tree out front while I was sweeping the walk.


After

After
The wild birds are fed both here and in the kitchen window feeders too.
Chickens need scrap.

Toys are put away!

Me first!
I finished the outside chores at 10 A.M.
This is the hour of rest and cool down.
after an orange to rehydrate I made a salad!
This is the best protein for me.
Wild caught matters to me, I'll pass on the farm raised ink died infested netted things that suffer life...and pollute the wild harvest ...yuk

For dressing I use this wonderful tool.
I used some organic ketchup, Worchester sauce a dash and olive oil with a bit of horse radish that gives it a bite.
Organic Romain , grape tomato and salmon.
Yes with the encouragement of Dear Rhonda over at Down to Earth I remembered to plan a lunch for myself.
I need to shop for 34-0-0 for the straw bails to be treated , that begins after three days of heavy watering.
The 34-0-0 is no longer available , it appears folks like making bombs out of it...so, I am going to try 21-0-0 it is so warm here it may work well.
I also want to shop for rain barrels to do my rain harvesting for the garden.
Once the weather cools I have rye grass that will need to be thrown.
If I throw the rye before the nights become too cool I will not need to spread the manure. With the dogs and kids I do not want that in the house.

My kitchen is caught up.
Bread baking is on my mind. I got yeast and yesterday Beloved bought me a 5 gallon bucket of hard white winter wheat. I want to learn this skill for the family. Bread often pulls me out to the grocery store.

The kids rooms are well....
If I go in there you may need to send rescuers if you don't hear back from me.:)

I have some items that I made last year that I need to card properly. They were in the gallery and the last show I did. I need to get them all consistently packaged. I may be doing a show in November. I can rent a booth for $25 for a one day show.

The black cards will be replacing all the white earring cards.

I have been doing some repair work. When the things got packed up some were broken.
Thought I would fix it all before I made anymore new.
I will do this in the heat of the day.

I was able to get into the box (I should say Mr Uncommon) was able to go through the knits and Dove chose these fabrics. They were all purchased at 90% off or given to me by my sister.
Dove wants some skirts, shorts, and tops.
She is so sweet about it.

Well my hour and a half cool down, break, lunch while I post ...Is over.
Time for the inside tasks.
:)

I took the kids to the music stor to get Doves books for the orchistra meeting tonight. We all had a lot of fun Dash loved this

and Dove and I loved this.

YAMAHA DT EXPLORER

The DT EXPLORER is Yamahas lowest-priced professional-grade 5-piece electroni

The kids finished there homework and now we are all at rest.
We had a simple supper.

Off to Orchestra meeting tonight when Daddy gets home and eats.
Beading and sewing tonight in the evening hours.
I want to go unpack my jewelry too.
I got the boxes in the living room undone and the one in my bathroom.
It is so hot out now 107*

It is even hot inside here.

6 comments:

Audra Krell said...

Loved the looks of that yummy salad! How are there enough hours in the day for you? You accomplish things that would take me weeks, possibly months! Way to go!

Kathy C. said...

Man! You were too unbelieveably busy today, it made me tired just reading! LOL

Denise said...

I am tired just reading this sweetie, lol

Spider Lady said...

Looks like a good productive day! More than I can say for myself, GOOD JOB!

Anonymous said...

Shopping for rain barrels? You have to check out http://www.aquabarrel.com You'll be glad you did - oh, and watch the video, it makes total sense!

Lori said...

Wow! You had a very busy day.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness