Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

1.Worked on Doves room today!
2. Dash lost his amplifier off of his hearing aide in the sand today at recess. We went over and dug for it and just could not find it.
3. I am thinking about writing a short story in a very strange genera to me. Romance, A name for it might be "the kindness that heals"
4. Daddy and Dash have been invited to a "Boy Scouts" meeting to see if they might like to join. Dash has a buddy there and the dads both really like each other. I think this sounds like a wonderful thing. It is through a Methodist church apparently and that sound like a good place.
5. I helped Dove with her math. She is so dyslexic that the < > is torture for her. I think I gave her different ways to see it.
6. She is doing her 30 minutes of reading and the house is so quiet with Dash gone. Having a hearing impaired kid makes for a very loud home. I think I will try to find a "girl scout" group for her and I to join.
7. I put some french fried potatoes and tatter tots in the oven for after homework. She had her evening meal. I think we will curl up for a little girl time and watch a chick flick.
8. I was able to kill 3 of the 4 flies that had managed to get into the house. Oh I hate flies! I hope that the bails of straw are not bringing them. I am thinking the neighbors dog may be a part of it.
I have been working to keep our dog stuff up. The chicken hutch will be swept out just incase. I am hopeful not to have a problem with that sort of thing.
9. I am so looking forward to Dove being done and having time alone with her. What a cool kid!
She is so loving and very atune to the hearts of others. She is really nice to be with. We are both distracted with counting the minutes. We are really funny I can so relate to er wanting to be done. You know there is something about special needs kids that is so delightful. Makes me think she is the normal one and the whole of the world is broken.
10. I'll do a post later on her bedroom chore. I started at 9 a.m. and finished at 3 p.m. except I still have sorting to help guied her through.
11. It really feels great to have both of the childrens rooms in order and the clothing gone through. I got a whole kitchen trash bag of clothing and shoes to pass on. I finished her laundry also. Now I have a real clear knowledge of what they have and if anything is needed.
12. I need t shirts for Dash and asked God, Today Michelle told me she has some things for Dash to pass on from her boys...T Shirts of course:) Looks like the kids are well set. I'll get a few sox for Dove but all in all they are living high on the hog (so to speak) My Mother used to say that.
13. My Sister who has knee replacement in 3 weeks got news that her husband who is being deported because of his English citezenship error (25 years ago he was told everything was fine) May get a presidencial parden! The president would want to meet him if so. So the FBI told her yesterday that if she has surgery the liklihood will be slim that he will be forced to leave. He will let her know any thing he learns next thrusday. This is an amazing testimony of courage and God's intervention.

2 comments:

Patty Wysong said...

Hi Donette!
Thanks for stopping by Patterings! We'd LOVE to have you join us for Fiction Fridays!! (Joanne is hosting this week.)

I pray about the clothing I need for my kids too, and God always send along exactly what's needed--it's so cool to see Him answer even 'small' things like that!

Have a fun Friday!

Denise said...

I love you my friend.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness