Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thursday Thirteen...My day

A full day here.
1.
I made Syndromes control pad (from the movie "The Incredibles" for each kid.
Using elastic and safety pins. They drew out little bombs and such.
Scanners and all the extras. I cut them out for them from a shoe box lid, and they colored them

of course once Dove had one Dash needed on too...

Imagination! I love it!
2.
I called the dogs for a bath ...well I think they were both ready and eager!
I bathed the lab and had an Epiphany!
I filled the tub as I bathed him and his paws soaked in the water, then
I TRIMMED HIS SOFTENED NAILS!
IN THE CONFINED TUB!
It worked so well. I used the same technique on the Golden

Now the golden was to be brushed first. She ran and dove into the LEGO drawer in the room with the kids.
To Funny, the kids were playing Lego and here comes the dog and sits right in the box.
I brushed her and then went to give her the bath and she did the same thing again!
Total saving $190.
tip $20.
Nail trim x2 $15= $30.
dog bath x2 $60. = $120.
special shampoo and cream rinse 2x $5.= $10.
Gas for traveling back and forth four times. (my truck can only hold one dog at a time) $10.

moments like these
PRICELESS :)

3.
Well now this is just after the Lab.
I can now clean and detail the kids bath and get ready to make my new shower curtain.
I purchaced fabric well over a year ago for 70-90% off and the fabric is beautiful! I showed it to you before. I'll do a post on it soon.

4.
While I was bathing the Golden the kids were gleefully drawing mustaches on every picture in a travel magazine from AAA. I gave them the O.K. to do so. They were laughing so hard. Signing the pictures one by one. Too cute!

They stayed at this for over an hour!
5.
The kids then set up a book store while I was in the shower!
They gathered their comic books and made a few more.
I had a library card put under the bathroom door. I had to teach them the concept of a book store verses a library.

I was called into the store, there was the cashier and the attendant.
Books .50 cents each. I grabbed $2. of my egg money and bought four. They were astonished that I did so. I was so moved by the gratitude.

That is my library card. They call them selves (the pen names) Harold and George

This was my selection of magazine comics to purchase.

Cashier is scanning the items.

Autograph form the Authors...
6.
The kids worked hard all day.
They did the chores that I did not even ask them to do and then some.
This being the goal.
They had to wait all day for this moment. They had misplaced their money box. They thought that it was in the car with Daddy Man. They found it in a drawer. They hid it too well.

Dove gifted the toy to her brother.
She used her birthday money and then gave it to Dash.

They have another three to earn.
Beloved had tears of joy in his eye and he watched all this unfold.
I have a chair ( comfy chair) in the kitchen now.
He sits and visits while I cook.
I love it.
7.
This vegetable is a leek.
It is a member of the onion family (I believe).
It has a very sweet savory flavor.

slice it length wise and wash well.
It is usually grown in sandy soil so it gets it in the leaves.

I cut up the florets of the broccoli, the stalks can be used for stew pot, dogs or peal for a snack.


Hot wok cold oil.
Stir fry, and then add the seasoning, water and soy sauce.

The savory beef/onion sushi rice was made this morning as was the beef.
It was heated in the micro wave (in a glass bowl).
I cut up the beef into bite size pieces.
Heat the meat up last moment in the mixture.

There are two more ample servings left over. The children raved!
Beloved cooed and spoke very appreciatively over this dish.
"Wow hon...This is great" ...Said he
8.
Daddy Man took the kids to the park to play ball.
I stayed home alone in the quiet.
9.
I had him help me move the coop before he left and I sat in clean grass and played with the chickens untill they climed the ladder. Sunset is ingrained within them. A time to rest.
10.
I hosed down the grass that was the former spot of the chickens and raked up the left over lettuce, cleaned the water jar and refilled it.
Came in to rest and catch my breadth.
11.
Worked on this post until I greeted the children and Beloved home.
They have had the bath and story time.
12.
A clean lab rests at my feet.
I am tired!

So is he.
13.
Day...
Day is done 9 p.m.
I just got my good night kisses, soft and tender from Dash...
Forehead and cheek then other cheek.
My hug and firm kiss on the cheek from Dove with a " you smell good"...
Good night.
Big Hug!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness