Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thankful Thursday

When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired and success achieved.
Helen Keller
US blind & deaf educator (1880 - 1968)

My sweet daughter has surgery tomorrow to remove two teeth so that her orthodontic work can continue. Sweet Little dove had a pretty tough time meeting the surgeon. She was so afraid. She had told me that she did not want the other surgeon because he had hurt her leg. So I worked it out to find another to replace him. After the interview as I was tending to the financial she admitted she had told a lie because she was afraid. Poor thing...I told her I forgave her. That it needed to be addressed so that folks did not think ill him. I explained that I too was very afraid before I have surgery, that I understood. I told her that we would be staying with this second surgeon and not switching again. That I felt good with this one. She later agreed.
It is so hard to think of her suffering. I will hold her as long as I am able before surery. She is gratefully comforted in that.
I had to give her a valarian root capsule last night tonight I have a valume for her and for in the morning to help her sleep. We filled the pain medication as well so we will have it on hand. It is going to be a full weekend. I should think of meals to do ahead today...
I will have her call the office of the first surgeon to clear it up. Sweet kid that will be a bit hard for her but I think it will build a good character (I'll be very gentle)
I am so thankful to be here to help her learn such vital life lessons. To comfort and support her.
I took them to the grocery yesterday to tend to acquiring soft foods for the weekend for her.
As we were leaving the store she put her hand on my arm looked up to my eyes ...I paused and smiled at her...then, She softly and sweetly said..."thank you mother for taking such good care of me and getting all my needs for my surgery"...
Oh a moment in time marked and felt deeply.
Thankful am I, and she is so very grateful in her character.

Yesterday I had the children join me to watch an Ophra show that had a family in financial crisis due to greed, broken hearts, indifference and neglect. The children are growing in appriciation for finicanial disapline. Beloved and I think it is important to teach these things in an age appropriate way. Thankful am I that they get it.
They were sad to see that the mom in the story indulged to the neglect of the health care for the kids. The Dad in the story neglected his role as head of the home and turned an indifferent eye and then just targeted the wife with it. Both were culpable and my kids saw it. Too cool! They said they see that if they got everything they wanted that we would be doing them a disservice. How cool is that!
Dash gave the example..."mom, he said...it would be like if you bought me a toy and I played with it for an hour and then just tossed it aside...that would be disrespectful to all the hard work Dad went through to earn it.."...I then asked what they thought we felt when we walked by their rooms to see things scattered all over the floor"...
Dash and Dove both looked thoughtful and said..."disrespected!" and both came to me and embraced me lovingly, smiled and said..."wow" we never really thought about it that way.

I want it to go so well for them in their lives. I desire that they prosper and thrive. I teach these things without inappropriate guilt. For guilt manipulation does little to instill strong character just makes a person week to the responsibility and a prisoner to shame. May it never be the motivator unless it is appropriate shame that calls for a change in behavior.
I gratefully teach tankful to see freedom grow within the kids to choose wisely. They are such amazing little vessels to be filled. I really Love them so much. I want to clear the road of their life from traps so readily set before them.
It is suppose to be a stormy rainy weekend here. It will be a movie weekend. How very wonderful that I get to hold this sweet child for days. I will be able to comfort her. Dash will need attention too. Daddy Man will be here too. He has thoughts of working Saturday to help with the budget.
Full day ahead.
For the Lord knows all these things I have need of.
This is his sweet child I get the privileged of raising. As you know we do not own them :) He know what she has need of.
Surgery cost out of pocket 100% has been covered!
Grocery is covered.
It is even going to rain and that makes for a calm relaxing sick day too.
Dove is my concern, she is 75 pounds on my lap with spinal sniosis it can be VERY physically painful for me holding her. If she fights me it really hurts. So My desire is for her to be able to be calm the morning of surgery as I hold her whilde they do the IV and such.

Dash and I are both being effected with this bad air. He is having a breathing treatment right now.
Oh life! :)

I am so appricitive of all of your thoughtful loving kindness of prayers.
Thank you.

2 comments:

Denise said...

I am holding you all close in my thoughts and prayers. I love you all.

Amrita said...

Another very good example of parenting and teaching kids values.

Pray all goes well with the surgery.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness