Monday, July 7, 2008

Marriage Monday

1st Monday Every Month at Chrysalis
Want this button?

Joy...?
"Hun, He said...I don't know if I have ever really felt that joy that the Pastor spoke about."

I gave pause to thought...Then replied I that "Joy as I see it is a different sort of thing than most may expect it to be or think of it as. To me I have come to think of it and equate it more to the abundant fruits of strength"
The strength to endure to withstand and uphold a banner of purpose and character (with a "Dear God please help me!"). It is that exuberant thrill that comes after the storm of each trial. Beloved and I have had many a trial, many a challenge a test as it were. This most recent challenge to sell out the estate. To become debt free to be willing to let go. Only now being able, to more deeply regain and receive what possessions and luxuries
we do have. The opportunity to support the union by walking into the goal...counting all loss, but to see my husband free. Yet freedom comes in so many different ways. It is for freedom sake that I packed this home and opened it for weeks to strangers on end. It was for freedom sake that I was more than willing to receive a house that even the Realtor was stunned that I would consider.

I am my beloveds and he is mine. The banner we hold over each other is love.
It is that love that will empower me to work toward the debt free goal even though we are not selling out. It will be a long term goal that will take all the support I can give to my mate. He has a dream and a desire and it is one to travel. It is that we are one. That it is a dream I share with him. It is my hope to get employment in the fall. A thing I thought I would Never want to acquire. It is in all things working together to accomplish a goal. It will take me to a newer level of strength to learn more about selling and merchandising my jewelry.
The Joy , the joy is the strength that I am witness too. It was with great Joy (strength) that I packed and let go of this home with an open hand. It will be in joy that I return. Returning into this home will take great strength. Box after box and it will be a Joy (strength) of character to let go of those things that are of no purpose here anymore.
The Lord gives me strength.
It is the Joy of the Lord that is my strength. Being like Him (as I am able) strengthens me and the victory of exercising that strength bring floods of joy as a benefit to the prudent.

May we all find great Joy (God given STRENGTH) as we live our lives with character and dignity. Setting our eyes to the prize and not to the struggle. For if not for struggle we would all be weak saplings snapped in the storm.
Trees of righteousness firmly planted , strengthened as the wind blows our forms into twisted weathered beauty.
Above all... guarding our hearts that we not loose our gaze upon the greater prize of it all...

The Joy.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Oh how exciting to work together to see your goals and dreams come to Fruition!

Blessings to you on your new journey.

Sounds like an exciting future ahead!!

Denise said...

Beautiful post sweetie.

Susannah said...

Working toward being debt-free is certainly a worthy endeavor. May you have every success as you market your jewelry. And yes, the joy of travel!

Thanks for joining us for Marriage Monday today, Donetta. :~D

Lori said...

Way to go! I can't wait to see how fast you can be debt free.

Lori

Peculiar said...

Donetta, first let me just say that I'm so proud of you and your husband's choice to be debt-free and the strength you've gained in the journey getting there. YAY for you two!! Go God!!

I love this line:
"Trees of righteousness firmly planted , strengthened as the wind blows our forms into twisted weathered beauty." You go girl! That is BEAUTIFUL imagery with truth. LOVE IT!!

I really enjoyed reading this post. You've helped clarify the "joy of our Lord being our strength" as we walk this thing out together, but keeping our eyes fixed upon Jesus primarily.

Bless you and your endeavors.

Miriam Pauline said...

This is a beautiful post. Bless you!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness