Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

1. My Golden , Rena is feeling better. YA! I was really concerned she might be getting ready to depart from us. She is happy this morning and ate her kibbles and was perky.


2. Lunch is made for my love and he will be off to work in a few moments. The kids are still asleep and both dogs have eaten. I stayed up last night until 1 am. silly girl.
3. My Daughter is turning 11. I have a child who wants a "littlest Pet shop party" , at 11 years of age.
4. Her friend is learning to play "Happy Birthday" for her on his guitar, he has been studying for six months. We are all so proud of him for all of his hard work. Dove is so looking forward to his gift of music. I think that is just precious.
5. I got the kids each a $2. activity book last night and they are working the puzzles, coloring the pictures and exercising the fine motor skills.
6. The big ironing board is in the family room today. I am looking forward to ironing several cotton shirts for my darling. It was yesteryear that once found all of his shirts ironed weekly.

The lack of belongings is actually allowing me to catch up some.
7. I found something wonderful to add to my coffee.

I know it is not that coffee is the best thing for me but... My medication leaves me too sleepy! I have gotten back on the coffee just so I can function and get things done. At times it is like I am tranquilized. The depression is getting much better and the migraines have improved as well. I still get the electric shocking on my skull dome. I am doing mental exercises of games and puzzles to help my memory issues. Brain injury is a challenging problem that so many face. I am so blessed to do so well.
8. Dash will be seeing a neurologist soon for his needs.
9. Dove is doing very well in her new braces. Her surgery is the 7th of July and her birthday is the 20th. I have the consult on the 25th of June. The $$$ ??? well... God must provide. I am still awaiting my tax refund and the incentive check. It will probably come that day :)
10. Mr Uncommon will get his new crown soon, maybe next week.
11. My surgery for the dental implant is in August after the kids go back to school.
12. I love all of you even you who are a stranger to me, for the numbers on the side are a reminder that we are all only a few degrees apart. We all matter to each other in the greater story. This is truly a wonderful world even with all the hardships.
13. Baby Powder for ants. Non toxic. Tip I got yesterday on the "works for me" answered my quest for a solve besides borax.

5 comments:

Denise said...

Great list.

JUST A MOM said...

hey there good list lady.... sorry I am not around as much as I should be these days.

Donnetta said...

I looked around for an e-mail address and couldn't see one so excuse this comment which may be a bit lengthy!

First I wanted to thank you for your recent visit and comment at My Quiet Corner. It was a pleasure to have you.

As I have spent some time here I realize we have more in common than just our name (and a unique one at that).

My husband and I just finished Dave's Money Makeover book this last weekend. We also just have only our mortgage and are working feverishly to be completely debt free!

My 11 year old daughter also has sensory integration disorder. I have posted on it at My Quiet Corner. One can follow the tags of Sensory Processing Disorder to read it.

She also has a brain injury that is in addition to the processing disorder. I have also posted some on that as well.

Needless to say life is never boring at our house as I'm sure you can relate!

I have enjoyed the small bit I have had the time to read here. I am marking your blog and will be back!

Please know you are welcome to stop by My Quiet Corner again anytime! ;-)

Monkey Giggles said...

Thank you for stopping by.

You have a great list.

Have a happy day

Kelley said...

I just read an article that said coffee is good for you... like the anit-oxidants or something. Anywho, they said 6 cups a day is fine...so waaahooo! Enjoy your coffee and syrup!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness