Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Tackle It Tuesday* new year inventory and Goals*

Tackle It Tuesday Meme


Inventory
The New Year has always been "inventory time".
Growing up in a family business we had to tend to affairs or go without necessities.


2008 started for me late with an inventory of the things in the sewing cue.

warm jackets,


I have pajamas,pants for Dash, to make and gifts for others and a few projects for the home. I closed my day with the staging table ready for the coming month.



My Kitchen chores are caught up and the Dishwasher is running as is the clothes washer and dryer too.

However my refrigerator needs attention.
We my have the privileged of hosting a mens get together tomorrow , so I would like to prepare the house for them (cleaning Beloved office) and maybe a nice desert.
I have breakfast cookies to make later this evening.

We may be loading us the bikes to all go to a campus for a family bike ride.

Inventory
I break my life into a pie graph. I then consider the goals, needs and desires in those categories. I do this yearly, quarterly and often Monthly. Weekly for some items like menu under homemaking. This is the great mystery that so many of you have expressed query of. Today as I do the daily tasks I stop as the family is on the last day of rest before our schedule begins again in earnest. I pause and do inventory. Having this done gives me a rest that is afforded me because I can just lay it down to effort ,prayer and daily discipline. The beginnings of my life balance graph looks like this.
Oh this is about balance as well as doing. For I am a human being not just a human doing. I am a triune being...Spirit, Mind and Body...so when I do my balance wheel I consider this. This balance wheel was implemented into a major recovery program for survivors of abuse at a instate recovery hospital.



Spiritual:
I want to consider my spirit by giving myself time often to be still, to study and to fellowship with others who are like minded as well as opportunities to get together with those who offer me strength. Yes I believe in extending myself (my strength to others) . I need those in my life who offer to help fill up my "cup" so to speak. I have to be prepared to feed my children the answers that come up to the questions of life. I am often lifted up by fellow bloggers.

Educational:
I think keeping interested in my own career is essential. Knowledge is power or the lack of weakness without it folks perish just because of ignorance and nothing else. If I can gain understanding, knowledge and implement it into wisdom I gain in all areas. I have roles as; Friend to God, Wife, Mother and friend, fellow on the path to others. If I cause others to be hindered by my own ignorance I am convicted in my own heart. I never want to cause other to stumble, however I know it will happen I just really want to avoid it. Blogging is a part of sharing knowledge that helps keep me balanced too. I also learn a lot from all of you.
Developmental studies for the children, and so one.

Physical:
This is a real weak pie piece for me at least for myself so I must exercise in so many ways. I am an example walking and living . I have to tend to my family medical appointments and check ups, nutrition and so on. Of both family and pets. Prescriptions, supplements and educating myself on health needs of family members. Exposing the kids to sports and such.

Homemaking:
This is a corner stone. Covering the foods, clothing and shelter care. Food stuffs and stores. Home maintained that is also delegation of task and tending to them being accomplished. This includes properties like vehicle's as well. These things are kept on the "big board". Tackle it Tuesdays and Meal Plan Monday really helps me.

Parenting:
Educating and keeping a wheel on them watching for their trinity of Spirit, Mind and Body to see that the needs are met.

Relational:
This is important and often overlooked when consumed by business. I have relationships with my God ,my spouse, My Children and friends extended family. Also there are the relationships of all the players involved in our lives like educators, interventionists, doctors, teachers and those who are employed at various services such as those who interact with me over services and anything billed (utilities and such). You may not think it important to consider your mail carrier but they matter too. They need kindness too. Of course there are all of you sweet blogging friends and acquaintances.
Blogging is a large part of this too.

Creative Arts:
Being an artist this is very important to me. I is something that most people ignore. Beloved is working on a Web Page for me to begin to sell my work on line. This may be a way for me to bring in some income to assist my husband. I am very good at conserving income yet I do desire and outlet that will save me the loss of time away (craft shows and such). I desire to express my creativity. I have always made many gifts for friends for birthdays and holidays. I think that as I get caught up more I may be able to keep up with a nice inventory to cover both a small business as well as the inventory here for gifts. I have clothing to create as well as things for my home. Some things JUST FOR ME TOO :) Being a writter I am often refreshed by stopping life and doing a post or a carnival. It helps me to keep writing and enjoying that venue. My life is far to busy to do the novels right now.

Recreational:
I find that this is one of the things that gets most neglected. We are needing to care more now to getting out. We are limited by income in many ways. Now we have my physical limitations addressed (my knee) we have opened more windows of opportunity. We invested in a inexpensive 4 bike carrier for the truck this weekend. Now we will be able to travel with the four bikes! That is just gas money to a destination! I still am a little limited as far as bumpy paths but I will do my best to strengthen my leg and this gives me a goal to keep my sights on when I get discouraged. We find that we have to do this intentionally! Camping trips.
Blogging is a part of this in between the sprints that I do all day long, I come here to rest and catch my breath. I find it a relaxing pleasure. I often blog while I am on a lunch break or just a time out to rest and reflect

Financial:
This is a focus to be improved upon. Budget and intentional investing ,saving and debt reduction in this over the years saved our hides when we lost the lucrative job three years ago. Before we had the kids we paid down our mortgage every month with extra principal payments. The mortgage we have is mostly due to the expensive adoptions. Nothing better to invest in that LIFE! It is well worth the payments, I do so however hope one day to again be able to pay extra principle payments. We have the CRS involvement and the care for Dash keeps our income being at a low a real blessing. We are covered for his extensive Care. So this is kept in focus as keep very little going out :) The Web Page and future sales of my jewelry might help as will the possible raise that might becoming beloved way. Filing and budget sheets need to be implemented better too. The support on the other blogs for information on menu, homemaking, crafting and even parenting tips are a huge savings.

So I keep this a fluid list and a thought filled Pie covered in the wripped cream of prayer ...so to speak. It is not a law for me just a guide. It helps me see to the needs of my life in a balanced way. With it also I do not feel so forgetful.

Goal Sheet
I also like to have a goal sheet. This however has become a bit stressful for our family in resent years do to financial stress. Beloved and I kept this for many years the last few it has just been more of a survival mode and a prayer request sheet. We have to really take time for it but it really stressed him out. It depresses Him too.

Daily/ weekly
This is kept on the big board just off the kitchen.

1 month:

Medical co-pays
Clothing Sewing
Christmas put away
Beloved Birthday
shampoo bath/bedroom carpet
Dog training
Freezer Inventory
Pantry Inventory
Clothing weeding out
weight goal


3 month:
I need a $3000 implant tooth
Dash birthday
My birthday
Yard sale? E-bay sales?
Sewing for summer clothing


6 month:
Little dove needs $5000 braces
A vacation trip (the first in 11 years)
Doves birthday
rotate tires

1 year:


3 year:
Our trucks need to possibly be replaced?
House really needs to be painted!

5 year:
College for Dove

10 year:
College for Dash
Retirement for beloved

See what I mean...This is where the finance comes in. I just got to get a better budget and such. We really do not want to let go of the house. It is the ONLY debt we have. Prayer really does make all the difference. So I ask specifically for the things we need. We have asked about all these things and so we will see how it will come about.
These list grow and ebb and flow. But this is what I have done for 25 plus years to manage our estate and lives.
It is as my role of CEO of the Uncommon Family :)
This is my Employment.

4 comments:

Liza on Maui said...

A great way to start the way - wonderful tackle!

happy new year :)

Liza on Maui said...

I just spend $6,000+ on 3 implants - I know what you're going through with regards to the the goals...

Denise said...

Wonderful goals sis.

~Rhen @yestheyareallmine said...

We are still paying on Short Man's braces and Mr. Muscles root canal and new tooth. Crazy!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness