Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thankful Thursdays *Making decissions*

Talked with a Realtor last night. Then a long distance phone call came in ... then Beloved had a Mens meeting to go to and had to leave shortly after that. We never really got a chance to talk. This morning we spoke very little before he had to be off for work. This evening we are going to get together to crunch numbers to gain data and then do our pro/con work sheet.
We have many variables.

This is how Mr Uncommon and I make difficult choices.
After we have prayed about it we then to a pro con sheet with all the data collected and varied counsel. Counsel will always come with a bias. (ie the Realtor wants in your pocket too.) Everyone wants in your pocket bear that in mind. Although a workman is worthy of a wage just remember that some will be trickier and greedier than others.
The seller will always say "it is good" and the buyer will always say "it is worth less". There is even a proverb about this.
We have data to collect and will use a mortgage calculator to do so. We will determine some of the Pros and Cons that is costs and gains.
We will then list three options. A column for Pro and one for Cons (costs and gains). We will print out the data and collect a varied counsel. There is wisdom in a multitude of counsel. Varied by bias, knowing what the bias of your counsel is will help you to seek motive if any.
For every decision to make there will always be benefits and costs.
But are the benefits worth the costs, what are you willing to give to gain? That is the place where free will comes in. When choices are made in this fashion the Cons are the loss that one is willing to sacrifice and when it gets hard you know why you chose what you chose. Your YES can be YES and you NO can be NO. You remove the double mindedness.
We have found out some disturbing news and have to look at that. We will have to take out a small mortgage to afford a starter house and the amount has an enforced minimum higher than what we wanted to do. (mortgages must be no lower than 60k, and with that the interest rate is above prime. If you take out a Home Equity line of credit then you have a much higher interest rate. ) If you want prime interest rates you have to borrow 100k or more that make 30 years of high payments even if you pay it off sooner the payment remains high just for a shorter time frame.
Con for us is that with a higher payment even though we would pay it off much faster we would not have the $ to fix it up or to do the travel that we desired to do while the kids are young. Tricky stuff!
Then as the final determining factor we... "let the peace of Christ be the final determining factor in what so ever we say or do." That is an agreed upon peace where we each will go before God and do nothing unless we agree or at worst I will defer as spouse and trust in Gods covering. Not fewer than once in our 25+ year marriage I have witnessed Gods intervention even at this point. Visa versa as well if I have felt VERY strongly "The MR." has deferred, and if I was wrong God intervened too. Sometimes Gods intervention was in way of a hard lesson but one that needed to be learned.
You know,... I learned the Pro/Con process form Mr Uncommon a few years into our marriage because I would just lock up or like most people do "toss a coin" (so to speak) or look for signs and then think "I must not of heard from God" or if it went well think "I must of heard from God" (Pride or opposite,... still pride). Well I think when I was a babe there was a lot of grace but now as I am no longer a babe mature methods must be used. They are a lot less spooky too :)

2 comments:

Denise said...

Praying for you sis.

Amrita said...

Selling property is hard work. Ask me. I did it for my sister and BIL and have another one on my hands.
and here they try to trick women.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness