Sunday, January 27, 2008

Beautiful rainy day!

Wow it is splendid here! We all spent a good hour or two out in the yard on this wet day! It is so fantastic to all be together in our yard playing/working in the rain. The children donned their slickers and played in the puddles while Mr Uncommon fixed our gutters . They were clogged and coming off the side of the roof. I went over to the side of the property to feed the birds to find the gutters on the east side being pulled off by the weight of the rain. In the desert you don't think to clean out the rain gutters there is so little to clear (mostly just accumulated dust).
The neighbor lady gave my hubby a new drill for screwing her gutters back up. He was very awkward about receiving it, but I told him that perhaps that "is" Gods provision. He would rather the invisible reward. Here we needed it the drill today. I helped him clean the dirt and leaves out and he fixed both sides of the house. He had screwed the west side tight last year to find they had worked themselves loose. So now they are good and secure. I weeded the front gravel while enjoying the children in the rain.
Dash has Pink Eye bummer so he will need to get some help tomorrow. Last time they told us that it is best to run its course. so I'll have him home next week.

4 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

What a lovely day! The fun of being with family and the gratifying experience of good neighbors are the ingredients of a nice day, to be sure. It takes so little to be happy!

Denise said...

Glad you had such a nice day, I will be praying for Dash.

Anonymous said...

I love putting on the raingear and jumping in the puddles! So much fun!

Amrita said...

We also get our gutters and roof cleaned before the rains in June.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness