Sunday, January 13, 2008

Carnaval of family life. *Life Celebrated*

Coming Soon

The Carnival of Family Life is coming to Write From Karen - AGAIN!

Read on …

If you’re not familiar with the Carnival of Family Life, here is a brief summary:

Goals of the Carnival of Family Life
The goal of the Carnival of Family Life is to provide readers an opportunity to sit down in front of their computers, relax, enjoy a cup of coffee, and be inspired, amused, motivated or experience a couple of “A ha!” or “Me, too!” moments while reading and considering the various entries.

In essence, the Carnival of Family Life is all about your family. The definition of family is broad and this Carnival encompasses all of those interpretations. Write about a family antedote, a funny family story, the meaning of family as it applies to you, family tips, products, etc.

Write your article, post it to your blog and then submit the permalink. I’ll compile the links and post article excerpts here on January 14th.

You can find more about the program and the guidelines here. You can also find this week’s Carnival of Family Life at Pajama Mommy (beginning January 7th).

So tell us about your family - we’re listening


Life Celebrated

Having a thing to anticipate is a way that energy is kept alive and the electricity of excitement charges the air with a tingling that races the adrenaline into every pore.
Holidays come and go monthly. seasonal celebrations of events unfold. Although we are not Jewish is is a beautiful culture,as are so many cultural events.

New year 1-1
Martin Luther 1-16


Ground Hogs Day 2-2
Valentines Day 2-14
Washington and Lincoln's Birthdays 2-20,22


Ash Wednesday 3-1
St Patric's Day 3-17
First day of spring 3-20


April fools day 4-1
Palm Sunday 4-9
Pass Over 4-13
Good Friday 4-14
Easter 4-16
Earth day 4-22

May Day 5-1
Mothers Day 5-14
Armed Forces day 5-20
Memorial Day 5-29

Flag Day 6-14
Fathers day 6-18
First day of Summer 6-21

Fourth of July 7-4
Americans with Disabilities Act 7-26

Labor Day 9-4
Grand Parents Day 9-10
Patriots Day 9-11
First day of Fall
Rosh Hoshanah 9-23

Yom Kippor 10-2
National Children's Day 10-8
Columbus Day 10-9
Harvest

Election Day 11-7
Veterans day 11-7
Thanks Giving 11-25

Pearl Harbor Day 11-7
Homukkah 12-16
First day of winter 12-20
Christmas Day 12-25
New Years Eve 12-31
Kwanzaas

Birthdays
Adoptions days
(we Celebrate the day the Judge said yes!)
Anniversaries
Weddings
Funerals

There are so many cultural events that lend them selfs to understanding through teaching and celebration (even if it is just to acknowledge them for educational purposes). The more we understand each other the more we learn to understand why folks are the way they are. History is also a large part of holiday interest.

In order to keep a budget there are many items that are exchangeable to each holiday. Things to collect are so easy to find at the end of the prior holiday after the things go on clearance.

Red can be used for Valentines and Mothers Day, Fourth of July, Election Day
Greens for St Patric's, Earth Day,Christmas
Whites for St Patric's Day,Easter, Election Day
Thanksgiving browns can be added for Ground Hog Day ,Earth Day
Pinks for Valentines, Easter and such.

You get the Idea so when a holiday ends and your out and about and see a clearance item of such color think seasonally.
Teach your children sociology through celebrations it instills a love of culture and silences bigotry as well.
When you can retroactively end bigotry you wield a powerful sword.:)

3 comments:

Denise said...

I love your family so much sis.

Amrita said...

There is a lot to celebrate. Thanks for the list.

Anonymous said...

A great list and reminder to be thankful for all of our blessings.

Thanks for participating in this week's Carnival of Family Life, hosted at Diary of 1!!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness