Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen steps of a "perfectly orchestrated day"!
Let go and let ....
1. Wake up at 7:15 to a dog crying to go outside (as apposed to going on the bedroom carpet :)
2. Arise to children who adore life and thrive in the joy of a morning at home with mom, we made crafts and had a very educational edifying conversation.
3. I made a good breakfast for us. Rested until 10 a.m. or so and just relaxed.
4.
A call, child care for Dove. Who is to be dropped off in 20 minutes.
5.
A hot shower, getting dressed and out the door in said 15 minutes.
6.
while in the shower the list given in my head. Get all the records. Christmas cards, Keep pens ( for the staff at the hospital), drawing board for dash (to use during the financial meeting)
7.
On the road and good traffic arriving 15 minutes later to a curb drop off (via a cell phone recently given to us) a call to tell her to meet me. a short cut to a freeway gets us moving right along.
8.
Some how I made it to the first meeting within two minutes of the appointment (freeway traffic was heavy) That appointment lasted from 11:46 to 1:15 it was supposed to last 45 min. Well I made too much income and could not meet the criteria. It looked a bit of a loss and as I pulled out the work I had done and apologized for not having it all done the girl looked at me and said " are you kidding ? I never see it even look anything as complete as this." I then tried to work toward the numbers and they were just short a thousand $ or so.

Santa appears and Dash is the first kid to get to see him, no one else was there or knew he was. Santa was so good. This very real looking (no fake beard) man has Dash at knee and says to him ..."well have you thought about what you want for Christmas?...Dash responded...Santa then floors me with .." Well Dash I need to speak to you about this issue of towels on the floor...Dash's eyes BIG as pancakes... panicked ...deer in the head lights... looks up at me. I am all but splitting a gut.. straight faced listened on. "(Santa) Well are you going to do something to take care of that? Dash" yes sir"... Very serious...Then Santa said to him"let me ask you one other thing...If I were to come over to your house right now what does your room look like?...Dash;;;"well not so good"...Dash" how did you know?" Looks at me "did you tell him?" "No"...say I Dash turns to Santa "how did you know"? Santa ..." I have two special elves who make it their business to know and they report it back to me...are you going to go home and do something about that today?"... "Yes sir" said Dash Santa then gives him a gift and Dash thanked him and they gave me a tube of candy for sissy. I was laughing so hard inside it felt like such a stress relief. They then came back and got Dash to have his picture taken with the Big Guy! Too perfect! I gave Dash a card and a keep pen for Santa. Santa thanked us for the gift. He was sweet.

As all this is happening I am going back and forth with Beloved faxing new pay stubs and trying to sign papers and such She then told me she could make a way. She said that if Beloved did not work any overtime for 2 pay periods (4weeks) that we could easily be within range with deductions to spare. We are now at 100% out of pocket worse case is we are out an the Speech appointment today?? The doctor appointment is covered. I have to visit this again in one month and I have the medical expenses already calculated so I just bring in the same bag and the 2 new 80 hour pay stubs. Do it one more time and we will again be covered at 0% out of pocket! God mad a way!
I was able to pass out the keep pens and cards the girls were all so appreciative to receive them. The clinic is very minimally funded and the pen was a needed thing to them
9. Dash walked off without a melt down and did his speech therapy! While I was working through the finances. That is huge the first time he has ever left my side.
10. We got to have our appointment with Dr DIDI DOLITTLE! yes that was really her name! She was awesome! Her nurse noticed Dash had rubber bands on his wrist and that he had a flag on his chart for latex allergy because of mom. Well the nurse pointed out the rubber bands were latex! God watched over me again. The gift of a bag of rubber bands from a friend is a hazard to me, I would of never caught it. Dr Dolittle was so good she even got a sheet on hidden latex allergy info for me.
Dash had a good report at the clinic. Some concerns about head aches when he tilts his head or during movement. He has a review with the ENT in March and another Eye test in June. It is always so dark a blanket when I face the thoughts of the ushers syndrome with the blindness and deafness threat. I know I KNOW that God has Dash no matter what I KNOW THIS!
11. I left and had Jaye meet me at the urgent care with Dove. Our appointments were at 3:15, 3:30 and 4:00 pm I pulled into the driveway of the urgent care at 3:16! It was only $46. in copays. 4 Rx's were only $57. Dove has allergy clear chest (zyrtec and cold syrup). Dash has sinus infection very red nose inside and a cold (anti biotic, zyrtec and cough meds) He did me last and stepped back and said ..."but you...your the worst, your chest is rattly just short of bronchitis and a blazing ear infection (funny Willy pointed at my ear today) and a sinus infection...( ear drop antibiotics and pill antibiotics too) So all cared for 4 days before Christmas we will all be better real soon. America land of the fortunate! I dropped off the prescriptions at the drug store and took the children out to a "fast food" supper and too run it out in the playground at the "jack in the box". I called (on the cell phone) and left a message for beloved, grabbed him a burger and had 45 cents left over!
12.
I grabbed the medications and the pharmacy tech. spoke with me and thanked me for the card I had dropped off the day or so before. We spoke of community and I shared my gratitude for her good service. I pulled into the garage moments after beloved with his meal hot, in hand
13.
A man from the mens group stopped by just after beloved finished the last bite and I had told him the good news about the CRS coverage. After the men took care of the business at hand, this dear man (who is a nurse by trade) put the drops , that were very painful in my ear and taught beloved how to do it properly. TOO COOL!

Supper Santa just gave me a loving hug good night
The children have been dosed with their medications. One will help them sleep well. Another to clear their heads and another to kill the infection. Now I rest! I think I might just go pull up a cover and get into bed.
Little Dove just lovingly came in and hugged me good night and asked to take my picture.
Am I blessed or what!

Good night:)
Love you all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you 3 got the meds you need and your day went so well!!

Many Blessings!

Cynthia

Denise said...

I praise God that you were able to get the medications that you needed sis. I love you.

Amrita said...

Had a busy day. Its good morning to you out there but bedtime for me. I 'm pretty fagged out today. Just a bit overwhelmed.Have so much to do. Wish I had your organizational skills my sister.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness