Monday, December 17, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday ~I Sew~I Sew~so... off to work I go!

Well it is now 9:10 pm and the kids just went to bed (late!). I have Dash's quilt to stitch.
I painted my nails red! Just for me.
I need to wait now for them to sleep before I can sew. Beauty (Dove ) came in and we had a sweet talk. She asked to turn the heater on for me...how sweet is that! So here I sit Sewing:) Drinking a cup of celestial seasoning tension tamer tea..Yummy


It was so cool I had all this and did not have to go to a store.
Beloved insisted on going to a different Costco to get the mis. I thanked him but no...I can do it. I freaked out a little just from bing a bit overwhelmed, but I regained myself shortly. It happened at the same moment the kids lit up a sibling tiff.

I also had a scrap of fabric and this trim I got it for .10 cent a yard two years ago in a clearance bin. It has little Holly and berry on it, the fabric has mallards in green with tiny hearts, very pale.

By lining your fabric while it is flat , with plastic wrap it is much easier to place into the basket.

Served up into the basket I leave a little breathing space between so the do not stick together.

Corn Bread for 65

Kids are fed.. I have to make corn bread for 90 people!
Yikes! Marie Calendar to the rescue (a mix), I'll amend it with caned corn and cumin.
WELL THEY WERE OUT OF THE MIX...YOU KNOW WHEN I WENT OUT INTO THE DEEP FREEZE THERE WAS A NEW BAG OF CORN MEAL AND A NEW BAG OF FLOUR. I HAD ALL THAT I NEEDED.
6 C corn meal
6 C flour
1/2 c baking powder
2 Tbsp. sea salt
1 Tbsp cumin
12 eggs
6 c (soy milk/water from canned corn)
2 cans whole kernal sweet corn

Baking now. 450* 25 turn down to 400* ? Until done through
(wooden pick comes out clean).
will serve 60-70
(that'll do...)
I have a nice big basket I need to make a Christmas Bread cloth for it.


Sewing to resume after story/bed time!

I am stuffing the Monkey's!

Now how many times in a life time can you say that:)

Last month I was inspired by"Chelsea's Morning", Barb made one. Jaye gave me these socks and so...I sew:)

2 pm I got them stuffed! Kids due home in 40 minutes so I need to pack up for another sprint.
Got the kids and went to the post office.

I was able to get three packages mailed today at a little post office inside a store. Good places to go shorter lines. The woman turned the channel to a PBS station and the children sat quietly on the floor and watched the TV while stood in a line for 10 minutes. Not to bad a wait and they were good.

I got a package from Dash's former teacher today. That is a first! a Package from a teacher. She wrote a very tender note and complemented me kindly. It was so dear and loving. It was a mixed box of See's candy a chocolate Santa and nutcracker the kids had and 4 suckers we shared. There is more still out in the car.



12:30 Hurray! I just finished Beloveds' gift!


Found myself having to tackle the medical records for Thursday. Our (Dash's) coverage at the clinic is up for review and I have to list( itemize and show proof of) up to $9000. in medical out of pocket. It is 11:)) a.m. I'm reaching the number so far but I have all the little Rx amounts to add up yet. Nothing like practically doing your taxes the week before Christmas! My Husbands overtime hours (that we needed to get by) has pushed us just over the cap. I think our Insurance may cover some of the visits if we loose our $0 out of pocket status.


Beloved said he would take the kids out one day so I can sew for them.



Here lie the hopes of Christmas "Present-s"

We depend upon the Super Santa to achieve great leaps into creative Magnificence!
Accually He is depending upon me.

One is 1/2 way underway the other begging to be made whole.

Much to do about this and the items that go with it.

While every hour we look past the stars for our success.
From whence our hope comes

I have to make the rest of the Christmas for these two.

With such anticipation my fingers must spin my needle and tread into magical loving pleasure.

Two Monkey's and Barbie cloths are also in the mix.
Beloved has a delightful gift awaiting him as well.
Slate Gray and Baby blue so pretty together.

Knee exercises too.

9 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

You are ONE busy lady/mommy!! Take care.

Sandy

peppylady (Dora) said...

Your a busy bee!!

My tt is up.

Barb said...

Aren't the sock monkeys fun to make? I've got spare sets of the socks stored away, for future granchildren! :-)

Connie Barris said...

You are such a domestic Godess!!!

oh my.. makes me look sad...

LOL

blessings
Connie

Melanie said...

Love the sock monkeys! Reminds me of the one I had as kid! You are one busy woman! Great Job!

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

What a busy bee you are and so talented! I haven't seen a sock monkey for so long, they are just adorable.

Thank you so much for the wonderful comment. I read it and read it and reread it and will continue reading it. It helps so much!

Many Blessings

JUST A MOM said...

wait a minute why do you fix cornbread for 90???? and I am fine a run in the snow might just be nice but it will have to be a weekend... we will have to bang our heads together.

Amrita said...

Your corn bread and basket presebntation is very good. Bread for 90 people. is that church meal?
I also make corn bread.

Denise said...

You are incredible.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness