Monday, December 10, 2007

So many gifts given...

We had a really amazing weekend.
Friday night when I was preparing a dress for me and pants for beauty to ware to a Christmas Ladies (Mother/Daughter dinner at the new church . I was speaking on the phone to Beloved. I was telling him with Beauty and I doing something special he needed to find something special to do with Dash.
I had hung up for speaking with him and then the phone rang (just then). It was Diann (A new friend who we know from the kids school and our new church) Her and her husband Drew were calling us to offer a gift. Drew had purchased tickets to a hockey game with a voucher for hats and hot dogs with drinks! WOW! what a splurge. Beloved was stunned and thrilled to have such an adventure with Dash. They took Drew up on the generous offer. The bad part was that there little man was and has been ill with upper respiratory problems. If your out there I hope he is doing better today. Thank you so much. Beloved needs to call Drew and tell him how very much it meant to him. He hopes to call tonight, after the adoption day celebration for Dash is over.

Beauty and I went to the dinner and met up with Debbie and her delightful mother, MILove and her sister. We unfortunately were not able to all sit together. Beauty and I sat at an other table. Beauty was a bit board and so after the meal she was bummed out a bit yee haw some "time with mom" boring! I looked down at the good little sport and said ..."How would you like to get out of here and go play?" Her face lit up! she was so delighted! I did not know what to do but I had a few tokens from a pizza place in my purse and then realized that we had gone back to the grocery and fixed a mistake the store made I had $8 bucks in my purse and so we went to a "jungle Jim's pizza game center" and played the games. She was so delightful. She is really good at basket ball, a very good athlete. I really need to try to get more of that into her life. We then went home and wrapped the gift she got for her Daddy and for her Brother. That really pleased her. It was just her and I.
Beauty was up a lot of the night coughing, she had been on antibiotic for a sinus infection. Beloved lost around three hours sleep because just when he got her to sleep then Willy started vomiting again. He grabbed a sweet potato off the counter top and got a nasty mouth fun.

Saturday was a real treat! It started of with a morning play date that I canceled... Beloved and Beauty asleep until after 9 a.m. and Dash with me awake and busy. We had breakfast and I did the kitchen.
Everything was arranged for the day. So after beauty woke up (from the cough medication that knocked her out) she was good. We decided with the encouragement of Michelle to keep on track and have a Man/ Woman day the Mom/Dad needed a time out! :)
So Michelle and Joe took the kids from noon till 4:30 THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
Jaye gave me a cell phone!!!! she has it as a extra and told us if it gets lost it is alright...we can cover the $10 a month and no problems if not... I accepted it.
That is strange to have a phone with me. It was nice to check on the kids. Beloveds folks gave us one some time back and we just do not like to have bills. It is such a luxury to me to use a cell phone. This is one that Jaye assures me no one wants needs or uses. No problem if it gets lost. You see Beloved and I would rather do without than to ever owe anyone. If we can not buy it ourselves we can not afford to replace it if it gets damaged. It is a way of character we have always lived by. I am so sorry for all those who have so often offered us to loan things. We would just be devastated if we could not rerun it as received. So we do not borrow.

He and I went to lunch at a wonderful Chinese restaurant called Pie Wei so good! It is like home cooked food done right! A big treat for me being as I cook every day. It was a luxury that was so enjoyed! Thank you Honey!
It was then, off to the picture show via a sweet gift card from a very thoughtful friend :) Thank you!!!!!! We watched a sweet movie " Life according to Dan" it was delightful! very good movie for the choices out there I am so glad we went to see it. I highly recommend it not "perfect", but really good.
We then went to Wal- mart to look for dishes. See post. We are so very careful these days to save every dime that it was hard for me to do this purchase. I had dishes and I did not NEED new ones. I could go on using them for a long time to come. Beloved had had enouhg of them. Now I really see why. I did not know the difference they would make. The old cups were all cracked and a lot of the finish is worn off. They were so heavy ! Wow the new ones are so easy to work with.!! I am so amazed! I would have to just lift may bee three plates at a time. Now I can easily pick up all 8 and lift them onto the shelf with out any struggle at all! WOW that makes it so mush less work to unload the dishwasher and stack! They take up so much less room too. What a big difference.
Then it was off the the bicycle shop and Beloved got new handle bars to lift up my posture on the bike. The therapist was concerned that my back was going to wind up a problem with being bent over so while peddling. We drove around and got some toner for the copier that has been out for 6 months. It is so nice now. the papers don't come out half black from the overflow getting on the paper. I had a big issue (just the stress of it) though because it is so hard to save and so easy to spend.
We drove around and went out to a supper at a Cracker Barrel and drove around some more looking for lights but could not find any big displays. We did not check the papers though. We hope to take the kids around soon.
Jaye met up with the children, here at 4:30, and watched them until 9P.M.! She totally played them out and they all had such fun! Thank you !! I will be very careful with it.
When we got home Beauty was a mess with her mania, it was really hard to come home too. She calmed down after about a half hour of working with her. Poor Dash missed out on Mommy because I had to tend to Beauty. She just gets so undone when she is tired. I slipped away to love on Dash and he fell asleep with his little arm around my neck.. He was tired. "Auntie" Jaye had a ball with them and they with her. She was even asked if she was their Grandma ha!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!! Every kid needs that sort of "Grandma" time. Just think how I feel when Beauty's peers asked if I was her Grandma! They showed me the ornaments and candy and toys!!! A cell phone for Beauty! (play one but she does not know that) . It is really funny she is practicing phone manners on a toy cell phone.

Sunday was spent minding fencings. Mis- understandings from the night before. It can not go without effect when parents go so long between alone times. We both get so tired we just need to be heard and neither has enough to really listen clearly to the other. We are very good friends. I need to listen better. I heard one thing but it was not his heart toward me. I was hurt because I was in "I" and not into Him and what he really meant. It is a good thing to always think the best of one another it made the mending of hurts more easy. Marriages can get full of frustrations when the marriage relationship gets so taxed by duties of life.
We got togeather and fixed the kitchen shelving problems. That is very loving of Hubby to do. His is a "Love Launguage of service" I think mine is words and service. He put the new handle bars on and it is great. What a difference 4 inches can make! I can ride now without the low back pain being so bad.
Now we just missed the viper literally! see this post.
We had a nice family movie night "the Walton's" and I baked a chicken. Our lives are full. We have so many adventures too.

I am so tired and yet I have many things I must do.
I have a cake to bake, a dinosaur. (so/so) he likes it.
Cake is finished.


Today is adoption day for Dash. Home now 6 years.
That is so amazing and hard to fathom.

4 comments:

Wil's Wheels said...

Happy Day indeed. :)

Denise said...

Such a wonderful weekend, bless you.

Corey~living and loving said...

wow...such wonderful times you had. :) and a big woo hoo....for adoption day. that is so wonderful! what a great feeling for everyone.

Amrita said...

You shared so many things Donetta. Happy you had time alone with Daddyman and the kids could be happy away from you. Its so important.And the talk with Daddyman. WE all need to unclog relationships whether married or single.You are both blessed by God and care for each other. Something to praise God for.

I really like the way you are careful with your resources and exercise resonsible spending.A faithful steward of what God has given us.Living in canada my sis also does this and she is teaching her kids to do this do. My nephew in college is quite free with his money and sis keeps tabs on him and gives him advice.

We save money so we can help others and give for the Lord 's work.

Man, I really like your dino cake.Mmmm c 'on you edible dino.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness