Friday, December 14, 2007

Garbage disposal problems.

Good Morning! I am limping into the day...

We have a garbage disposal in our kitchen sink (an electric unit that allows what most countries compost to be sent down a drain) . Yesterday in my disappointment (in myself for wasting foods) I needed to toss some left overs that I got a bit to busy to use up. I really hate to throw out our resources like that. Well the garbage disposal is temperamental and I often forget to use care and dispose of th foods slowly paying attention to the needs of the disposal. When I don't allow it to work as it should it jams. Then I have a real mess, usually stinky one too (for the foods that might be spoil are the ones that get tossed).
So yesterday I jammed the garbage disposal. I usually get Beloved to come in with the plunger and fix my mess and it is not a fun task. Often you get splashed with disgusting water...You get the idea?

Well beloved was at work and I had a mind to get the kitchen cared for. It was in my heart to fix my neglected kitchen so it would be the way I like it. I went and got the plunger and did the job and then sanitized the plunger (Spoiled turkey was the culprit) . It smelled real bad too, but the point is I took care of it myself. I have depended on Hubby when he is home to do what I can do for myself if in a pinch (just because I hate doing it) . Hubby takes good care of me indeed.
I need to take the responsibility to take good care of me.

After my guest left last night I was drawn into Ephesians 6. I noticed how the very same text that tells us how important it is to respect the role of Mother Father, tells us To be strong in union with God. It goes onto speak of the armor and Standing sure footed.
I then went to bed. I found myself awakened around 3 a.m. to being very ill. An illness all too familiar.
You see I treat myself like that garbage disposal under the kitchen sink. I have been sloppy eating wheat and such. NOT GOOD. The wheat then causes my pipes to swell and then just like the one under the sink the problems begin and end with a terrible bowel disruption and the overflow of vomiting.
Then who should come into me aide...? My Beloved.
Finding me shivering and cold on the bathroom floor so weak and ill that I can not tend to my self. He cleaning up my illness and covering me with towels. This lasted two hours or so and has left me weak today.
I am not a garbage disposal but I often treat myself like one. I will give greater consideration to another than to excuse myself from eating things that I am allergic to ( my guest made a wonderful chicken noodle soup (wheat noodles...I promised her next time I would speak up). I will also cram those things into my "pipe whole" that I should not (wheat cookies the kids made).
As I am aging, just like that machine under the sink, I am loosing the ability to get buy with too much junk crammed in at once :)
Not only that but it is not so fair to my Beloved to make him responsible to loose sleep caring for me when avoidance would have been the higher road. I was threatened with a colonoscopy bag at one point two years ago this was so bad. My pipes would clog for up to two weeks at a time causing violent illness and loss of function. It is do to the swelling of the colon wall from the allergy to wheat and milk and such. So the old remedies are not applicable.
I managed somehow to do my morning chores and kids to school. Now the tasks I need to do are also hindered because of my lack of respect for myself and lack of discipline.
Maybe you can relate.

The remedy is caring about me enough to stop treating myself like a garbage disposal.
To start prizing my vessel and going the extra mile (20 :)) to fix the things I need to "just for me".

8 comments:

Mister Ed said...

Right on! Great work getting that disposal working!

Thanks,
steve

Anonymous said...

We're having problems with ours, too. I think it's leaking under the sink.

Glad yours got fixed!

Kailani
An Island Life

Denise said...

Sorry for all your problems, glad it is fixed.

Janean said...

Yes! I totally understand. Because of my gastric bypass, if i eat too much sugar or fat...or too much of anything, I have to throw up and throw down. And sweat and shake and generally feel like I'm gonna die and why oh WHY did I do this to myself again!!
Right with you, sister. :D

Anonymous said...

what a great post--love how you incorporated the verse. Last time ours got plugged I used Drano and it made a huge mess!!! Have a great weekend.

Amrita said...

You poor deaer...hope you are feeling better. Take care

Sheila said...

A very good point! I too sometimes treat my body like a garbage disposal and I know better.

Lindy said...

You poor sweetie! I hope you are doing better now. We've been really sick at our place too so you have my complete sympathy

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness