It is a bit hard to type due to the laptop is sitting real high on a hospital bed table thing. I'll try. It is sorta like a toddler trying to reach the counter.:)
These last dozen days or so have pulled up from within me some great and magnificent warrior who mad a difference. Many many hardships have I faced with the corprate bussiness powers at this nursing home. Many.
My rights as a patient have been violated 5 times some of them being serious. I have stood, during a time when even just sitting in a wheel chair was excruciating. Yet have I stood. Yet see I the fruit of it. They just today have hired two additional staff members for this shift, this ward. The nursing staff all admire and appricate me. The fight was not without insult or injury.
As for my knee
I walked (well sorta) for the first time Friday and was able to kick a ball on Thursday. Hard going. My brain is trying to recognize my severed muscles and get into action. it is a thrill to me when gains are made,
I am coming well into terms with the new implant. strange thig it is
It seams I have given a new life to the dining room. The cook each day comes to me to hear knowledge of th trade. I have been given favor.
I am here two more weeks time. Not sure how to get the nurse privileges to infuse here. I will investigate tomorrow. For now the day and the meds are taking effecct
need to go to let sleep come
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Older women likewise teach the younger women...
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (38)
- ▼ 2011 (178)
- ► 2010 (343)
- ► 2009 (642)
- ► 2008 (611)
- ► 2007 (718)
By Maya Angelou
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.
When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!
Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.
- A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
- The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
- Return with Honor
- The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
- "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
- “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
- "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
- "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
Click here for all crafts
This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."