There is a powerful force in this
over the last several days my perspective has been formed and muscled into one with much less inappropriate guilt over the kids and the surgery.
Jeriann thank you for your supportive truths to help my focus. I have gone from a sense of a failed invalid mom to seeing that this may as well become a success.
It is far too true that my life is in the hands of the one who makes the trees clap their hands in the breeze. As the days approach I am seeing the hand create an opportunity for my children to gain independence that I am much more likely by nature to coddle. Not out of a lack of trust however it is more out of a feeling of obligation.
Being an adoptive mother after 16/20 years of waiting prospectively I have the common sense that I owe the world more and must do parenting with a much greater sense of humility and diligence It is an adoptive moms perspective. Squed yes but normally never spoken of out of keeping in ones place culturally speaking.
Much more peace about things today even though the mild grief over the kids having to go through this lingers. Having done nothing wrong I an taking care of their Mother. I have fought the good fight with this knee for 5 years. Made the goal of taking the kids to Disneyland earlier this summer. Dove has her 14th birthday yesterday. Made able last Saturday after infusion to take her to do a little outfit or two. We shopped. Today nail polish. My nails are even long now.
When souls reach to souls perspective can be nurtured like a tree. Made ready to clap her hands in the changing nature of time. To all those souls of greater perspectives shared...I applaud you in the reflection of the sun on my face.
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Older women likewise teach the younger women...
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (38)
- ▼ 07/17 - 07/24 (4)
- ► 2010 (343)
- ► 2009 (642)
- ► 2008 (611)
- ► 2007 (718)
By Maya Angelou
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.
When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!
Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.
- A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
- The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
- Return with Honor
- The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
- "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
- “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
- "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
- "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
Click here for all crafts
This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."