Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thankful Thursday

 Monday's battle over the 'bad guys' with Dash.
Addressing the RAD is a challenge.
Simply playing army with him really helped him calm.

Good morning!

Wow yesterday was a day! 
After taking the kids school shopping on Monday from 10am-5pm then a special needs neighbor kid over night. Tuesday evening after supper every cell in my body just ached for rest.
Yesterday(Wednesday) NO energy.
Tuesday night  I woke up in an asthma attack bummer...My next infusion is Saturday so it is wearing off. This morning however I do have some strength a lot better than yesterday. I slept almost all night with the cpap on Ya that is hard to accomplish with that mask on my face.  Dressed upon waking this morning and even hosed off the front porch and swept the rocks off the path. Feels real good. Just have to pace myself. I so hope it last longer today. Kids are yet asleep. Nice quiet morning and the dishwasher is hummin'. Dogs are at rest after I gave them an apple halved. They do love that. Besides the stink (they need a bath) it is really nice to have then in. The old girl, my golden she has a hard time yet getting through the dog door unless you tap the opening for her. Our lab  leads her in or shows her out. It is really sweet. Just wish he smelled sweeter. With nice clothing on and little reserved energy I am hesitant to start a dog bath on him. Just don't know if it will spend me. The day is so new I want the feeling to last.

Today Today I am thankful for today.
(Hours later)

My little darlings are feed french toast, a better friend was made in a sibling, Good foods offered mine own body. This is the work of my hands I find satisfaction in it. My day is enjoyable and peaceful and the kids play and enjoy the few days they have left here at home all day. School begins soon.

Well peaceful till they got carried away in the other room with a pillow fight. Dove is with sensory integration stuff unable to tell when she is over exerting her strength she does not get that she is going over board and brother always gets hurt. He was falling off the bed and she did not hear him ask for help. He hit his head. Dove is mortified that she hurt him, Dash is mad and angry and blaming. So the day goes on. When he calms he remembers her heart is not full of mean and remembers that she did not mean him any harm in any way.

Dash I say "I am sorry you got hurt"
He said " she did it on purpose it was her stupid moronic ridiculous stupid idea to play!"
I reminded him "I am sorry your hurt, right now your angry cause you lost out on the fun you two were having and now your blaming...cause that's what you do..."


Dove did you hear him asking for help? "no mom" She is sad and tries to give Dash an ice pack and he throws an army guy at her.
He refused any comfort. I tell him son your rejecting the very thing you want. You want to have attention and yet your pushing it away. I will not get angry because I know you want me to get angry at you so you can feel punished. I will not buy into it. If you want to be angry be angry I will not get angry with you.

She said "he threw it and I don't care if he did"...to which I say
"Well Dove you do care that he did or it would of not upset you. You are pushing it down inside and not owning how bad you feel about the accident and how upset you are that when you tried to amend then he threw the guy. You must learn to own it and never stuff it down inside."
"OK mom"
She nods her head in agreement. Smiles hidden hurts bubble up and she smiles in relief of the exhale.


Five minutes latter...
Dash is no longer angry. Invites me to watch a movie. "I will not watch a movie with you until after your able to have peace with your sister"


They are once again playing with abandon while watching a movie. I was invited to watch with him now there is peace so off I go. I think it is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Man I wish I had some candy now :) ha





Ecclesiates
2: 24 A man can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in his work. This too, I see, is from the hand of God, 25 for without him, who can eat or find enjoyment? 26 To the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.


Ecclesiates 3: 
22 So I saw that there is nothing better for a man than to enjoy his work, because that is his lot. For who can bring him to see what will happen after him?


Ecclesiates 12:13
  Now all has been heard;
       here is the conclusion of the matter:
       Fear God and keep his commandments,
       for this is the whole duty of man.
 14 For God will bring every deed into judgment,
       including every hidden thing,
       whether it is good or evil.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Praying God's sweetest blessings all over your family, I love you.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness